• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Filling a display shelf

Hey guys. I've almost completely recovered my basement from a flood. I've begun to redecorate my cigar room. I've put up cool shadowbox displays of my favorite movies, fireworks, athletes and other random cool stuff. Have a really nice decor working. I want to put up a clear display case for hot sauce like the one at sweatnspice.com. My problem begins with how to fill it.

Should I fill it with my favorite hot sauces, collectible sauces, or cool looking hot sauces? As it's a cigar room, I want to keep a sophisticated environment, so I'm avoiding the "Smack my ass" type sauces. What would you do?

If you are looking to keep the decor cool-looking, I would suggest filling the shelf with collectible bottles. Collectible bottles tend to look better than regular bottles of sauce.

Take the labels off of regular hot sauces and make a color spectrum. Write the names of the sauces on the bottom (or a number, and keep a legend). Just an idea.

just make a big order of what people post here .

I get a big box of sauces and start eating and trying them but my display case is my computer desk .
when done I chuck them you may want to then display them filled with a sauce colored paint that you can buy from walmart as they have that color match system...

rainbowberry said:
That's what I do, eat the sauce and keep the empty bottles.

Same here. I've got my 'shelf of pain' as a testament to what i've had. I try to keep one empty bottle of every variety i've ever had. Plus, because i dig graphic arts, i really enjoy and can appreciate the work that goes into making the labels.

Back