• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Whos going to try the Bollywood Burner?

A London restaurant was serving up Thursday what it hopes will be confirmed as the world's hottest curry, with even the chef admitting it is "too extreme" to keep on the menu.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jlTTv2A3d3QHP1cvs0bqOA_W7z0Q

ALeqM5gX6wnFivzXtBtYyZ03YKIoQevVFw

"The initial taste isn't that hot but now, a couple of minutes later, I feel a bit floaty and light-headed."

The dish, inspired by cuisine from Hyderabad in southern India, includes the Naga and its seeds -- confirmed by Guinness World Records as the hottest chilli pepper in the world.

Yeahhhh, go Naga Curry Endorphins!

"We found a list of the 10 hottest chillies and decided to try and use some of them. I think it will be the hottest curry in the world," said Singh.

The curry will not be a regular feature on the menu, he added.

Lianne la Borde of the Daily Star newspaper said: "It is the hottest I have ever tasted. At first, it tasted delicious. Then my mouth caught fire. It even made me feel dizzy."

Metro newspaper's James Ellis said it was "innocuous enough at the first bite," but one helping "saw my taste buds melt in fury at the inferno in my mouth.

Yeah, I can't wait until my bro who's a chef gets fresh pods...he's gonna make some SERIOUS Vindaloo. I love curries.

I'd bet Bent has made hotter curry than the one posted though.. ;)

-QS

I think the Vindaloo can carry more heat before you lose all flavour lol.

Anyway, I'm sure RB will catch a bus over to The Cinnamon Club & give us a full review.

LOL. But isn't it hot going by the general public? Most of us would probably take along our extra spices and sauce to jazz it up a bit.

rainbowberry said:
LOL. But isn't it hot going by the general public? Most of us would probably take along our extra spices and sauce to jazz it up a bit.

True: I suppose it depends on your definition of Naga with seeds :mouthonfire:

bentalphanerd said:
Anyway, I'm sure RB will catch a bus over to The Cinnamon Club & give us a full review.

Yeah, and be sure to rememeber to take lots of pictures!

(some of the curry would be nice too... ;))

I Love Currrrrryyyy

Hey Bent, i just had a thought as reading bout Curry, that curry powder i gave you on those Prawns we had, can ya get more of them ? and a few chopped Naga's over as well...:lol:

I like vindaloo because it's super hot and has vinegar, taste's like lamb stewed in a good hot sauce.

theHippySeedCo said:
I Love Currrrrryyyy

Hey Bent, i just had a thought as reading bout Curry, that curry powder i gave you on those Prawns we had, can ya get more of them ? and a few chopped Naga's over as well...:lol:

I wish....*sigh* Yamba prawns....i'm craving them every day :drooling: but its just a little too far away.
I'll give your powder a go on some chicken korma this week.

Any of you Aussies tried that burger from Off The Wall Diner in Queensland that has 10 slices of Jalapenos, 2gms of chilli powder, chilli jam, sweet chilli sauce, ground pepper and Blair's megadeath? You've got to wear rubber gloves to eat it and if you finish it without needing milk or yogurt they put your name on their plaque.

rainbowberry said:
Any of you Aussies tried that burger from Off The Wall Diner in Queensland that has 10 slices of Jalapenos, 2gms of chilli powder, chilli jam, sweet chilli sauce, ground pepper and Blair's megadeath? You've got to wear rubber gloves to eat it and if you finish it without needing milk or yogurt they put your name on their plaque.

I bet the MegaDeath kills the flavor. I can't drink anything for an hour after I eat because of stomach surgery anyway, so I'm game. Do they deliver to Virginia? :cool:

bentalphanerd said:
it looks good up until.....cant do extracts. Maybe I should head out there one day & try to convert them :D

Agreed, just use some of BB's Naga Paste instead..that'll fix 'em but good eh?

bentalphanerd said:
it looks good up until.....cant do extracts. Maybe I should head out there one day & try to convert them :D

Well personally I'd have used Orange Habs in it and something like Snakebite Reserve.

Back