• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Giordanos Pizza

ah mama , brought me back some pizza from GIORDANOS pizza ,  some of chicagos finest deep dish pizza . located downtown across from the willis tower . kinda glad she had union business to deal with . well worth it and 2 nights with just the little peppers and the pup .

I totally agree!  I absolutely love Giordanos Pizza.  I am as well born and raised an hour outside of Chicago and know what good pizza is.  Funny thing is I live in TN too now and the food is nothing like it is up north.

I am really much more of a NY Style or Neapolitan Guy, but I have had Chicago pizza and Lou's is where its at!  Giordanos wasn't bad though.

My personal preference is for Lou Malnati's if we're going deep dish.  Then prolly Gino's.  Then Giordano's, Uno/Due, etc.

I'm a thin crust guy.  My semi hidden gem destination thin crust pizzas are Pequod's or Coalfire, but don't sleep on Pat's in printers row or Bricks in lincoln park.       

Y'all need some pictures up in this thread.
20141027_114027.jpg

I always forget about Lou Malnati's. That place is amazing too! I've also been to Spacca Napoli once and dream about the day I get to return there.

midwestchilihead  your absolutely right  ! i drop the ball on the pics. never thought about it until i just about gorged the 2 pieces she brought home . lol but i agree with you all , Lou's is a gimee !  lots of choices kinda like chili's so many strains to choose from .     :onfire:

moruga welder said:
ah mama , brought me back some pizza from GIORDANOS pizza ,  some of chicagos finest deep dish pizza . located downtown across from the willis tower . kinda glad she had union business to deal with . well worth it and 2 nights with just the little peppers and the pup .

Big Giordano's fan here. IMO it's better than Gino's, which I thought was very overrated. 

Giordano's has the spicy marinara - to me it's all about the sauce with deep dish. 

Gino's served me a luke-warm pizza on a night where they had maybe 5 other customers - there's no excuse for not bringing out my pie piping hot, regardless of how busy you are, but on a slow night it's especially irritating. 

Giordano's all the way. 
SmokenFire said:
My personal preference is for Lou Malnati's if we're going deep dish.  Then prolly Gino's.  Then Giordano's, Uno/Due, etc.

I'm a thin crust guy.  My semi hidden gem destination thin crust pizzas are Pequod's or Coalfire, but don't sleep on Pat's in printers row or Bricks in lincoln park.       

I am also a thin crust guy - I'd take a mediocre NY slice over a deep dish slice any day. 

That said, I wish Gino's hadn't so underwhelmed - they came highly recommended. 

Jamison said:
I always forget about Lou Malnati's. That place is amazing too! I've also been to Spacca Napoli once and dream about the day I get to return there.

Anyone who's into authentic pizza from naples owes it to themselves to check out Spacca Napoli.  The fukin guy put three italian brick layers on the boat to cross the ocean to build his oven in Chicago.  It's wonderful.  But it's not strictly the thin crust I mean when I speak of thin crust from Bricks or Pat's or Coalfire or Pequod's - that stuff is more crunch than chew.  

And LDHS you got a bad batch that night.  Can happen to any spot, sorry it happened to you. As far as deep dish goes Gino's is right up there.

I don't care for any these chicago pizza places. Least of all macianos. Giordanos deep dish is ok though, I get it with pepperoni, spinach, black olives and the balsamic onions.

SmokenFire said:
And LDHS you got a bad batch that night.  Can happen to any spot, sorry it happened to you. As far as deep dish goes Gino's is right up there.

Based in your recommendation I'll give it another try next time I'm in Chicago. Probably just a bad night, but that's kind of the cardinal sin of a restaurant: whether the food is good, bad or great - it had better be served at an appropriate temperature. Especially if the crowd is light. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

Based in your recommendation I'll give it another try next time I'm in Chicago. Probably just a bad night, but that's kind of the cardinal sin of a restaurant: whether the food is good, bad or great - it had better be served at an appropriate temperature. Especially if the crowd is light. 

Fully agree.  Next time I'd recommend Lou's anyway - Gino's is up there but Lou's is the best.  ;)

Back