• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

One last shot at it... DeNNiZ 2015 glog

so the past two years, ive been devastated with something i did not know.  it was a plague that consumed my plants late in 2013 and all year in 2014!!  this past fall, i had a chance to take a SOIL and PEST MANAGEMENT class and it was here where i learned what i was fighting..

i sent my plants to a lab and from there they diagnosed my issue to be ERIOPHYID MITES.. these guys are MICROSCOPIC (can be seen with 60x loupe) 
and have consumed my desire to grow...  it was hard to fight something i did not know was even there.  now that i do.. i am ready to try again ....

WELCOME to my 2015 growlog!!

heres a little something to help me with my fight.. thanks romy6 for the suggestions

the last of the pods i got

and now on to my grow... lets skip the seed part as ive killed everything outside and started some indoors already

what a difference 2 days makes in the aerogarden

got this tepin @ a burger joint.. snapped a branch and got it to root... first flower...

local buddy in san diego got me soem seeds from his PINK TIGER pods... he was the only one i knew stateside the got the results he wanted.  i have about 8 plants going.. hoping for one to continue to trait

these 3 pink tigers dont look as purple due to only getting window light and no direct sunlight

CGN24360.. i think,,,,,

the bigger boys... dont recall.. but have some PRIMOS... SB x yellow 7... just to name a few

need a bump....

some of the others in the aerogarden

Cumari Parana- seeds from Chris Phillips

some annuums....could be MARAS.... not too sure anymore :rolleyes:

got some pods from SEACOWBOY- jason E  hoping for these to show the BROWN BBG trait

trying to focus on more wilds this year

Flexuosum --from Chris

Rhombodium

the last pods from JUDY's evergreens and aji limons....

either this ALEPPO .. or URFA BIBER

yellow manzano

also been brewing in the meantime ... its a RED..expected ABV is 5.5%-6.5%

got me 2 5' SILING LABUYO from my wife's uncle in Long Beach

thanks again Chris for these seeds

also cant thank Gary enough for these pods/seeds  i have a yellow NAGABRAIN growing in the aerogarden now

and also PaulG for these powders....

whats left at my sisters yard

ohmatic said:
good luck this time round, looks like the indoor ones are nice and tall already !
thanks.. ill need it.. 

fast fwd already to the big boys....

Straw Man said:
Good luck Denniz - glad you found the source of your pest problem.  Thanks again for the seeds brother
thanks bill. hope to contain it quick.. and not have to deal with it again

Roguejim said:
Good luck, man. Will the sulphur kill aphids, too? How do you apply it?
according to ROmy6.. you can add with water and spray.. or powder dust them

Nice to see you giving it another shot. Hope everything works out for you this year man. Some nice green healthy plants you've got going. Hope the pink tigers grow out proper for you, some cool looking pods.

Dennis, good luck this year bud.

I hear you on the damn mites. They haven't devastated my whole crop like they have at your place, but all of my pubes seem to get repeatedly infested every year and the destruction really hurts fruit production. I'll be following your grow again this year to see if your sulfur works.

I do have the same microscope as you, bought it last year so I wouldn't just be guessing at what was killing my monzanos. It is handy. Those mites look really creepy at 60X. (mine are broad mites as far as I can tell)

Don't give up is right, keep at it! Looks to be an already excellent start to this growing season... will certainly keep an eye on any updates. Can't wait to get those Red MOA Scotch Bonnets started I got from you! Best of luck- show those buggers whose boss! :twisted:

Yes sir, glad to see your back in the game. I had followed some of your misfortunes, as two seasons ago I seemed to be attacked by something very similar, if not identical. For some odd reason last year I was left alone for most the season, until about October where I started loosing some plants in my raised beds, which for the most part I was ready to pull anyways. But I think what if I get hit earlier in the season what would I do, so I will be watching as to what success you will be having with the sulfur. Best of luck to you my friend. 

Hey Denniz,  Sorry to hear about your microscopic bug problem you have had the last couple years and hope you can arrest that this season.  My first thought from looking at all your plants inside now may be that they are over fertilized.  The plants are a very dark green with lot of soft green vegetative material for the mites to suck and live on.  I know you want your plants to have the very best, but overdoing the ferts can be detrimental to your bug problem.  Good luck in 2015!

Glad to see such nice looking plant Denniz!

And yes, never give up!

This is my third season here, and I saw the sulfur tip on Jamie's glog the first year. It works really well and does kill aphids. If you add 1% pyrethrum, it will get them first round in many cases.

Good luck this season, you're off to a great start!

Allright, Denniz is on board!

Glad to hear you diagnosed the mite problem, and have a plan to deal with it.

Your plants look absolutely great, brother!  Best luck in your grow this season.

Back