• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Burrito Cassarole! So good!

I can't figure out how to post a photo with my iPhone, my computer is kaput haha
The recipe is simple:)

All you need is a Cassarole dish or a deep oven sheet or aluminum tray
Hamburger
Onions
1 can mushroom soup
Sour cream
Peppers- to your taste:)
Cheese- to your taste:)
Taco seasoning
Tortillas
Refried beans

Step 1) Brown the hamburger mixed with the peppers and onions
Step 2) drain meet to reduce grease
Step 3) add taco seasoning and Beans while on heat again
Step 4) mix mushroom soup with sour cream (about a 1/4 cup)
Step 5) spread a layer of sour cream mix on bottom of Cassarole pan
Step 6) start layering Hand shredded tortillas ontop of sour cream layer
Step 7) layer meat on top of tortilla then cheese on that
Step 8) another tortilla layer and repeat layering to get desired thickness

Bake at 350ish for 20-30ish minutes
Haha how do you post a pic with the iPhone?
Ohh last step is put cheese ontop of it all and sliced peppers

This sounds really tasty,what peppers do you usually use when you prepare this dish?I was thinking serranos and a little douglah.

I like to switch it up, but I think the citrusy flavor of Habaneros and the heat of Jay's Peach are the best combo so far:)

You should make it soon and post it on here! I would love to see my recipe spread!

It's also very very good for potlucks!
I haven't tried Serrano and douglah, but it would probably be good!
I wish I could get Serrano out in Germany. I have seeds but won't plant them until I am back in the states haha my Choco Douglahs are started this year though:)

When do get back to the world?hey where do you live stateside and are you commissioned or enlisted(work for a living)? just curious...
mpicante said:
When do get back to the world?hey where do you live stateside and are you commissioned or enlisted(work for a living)? just curious...
I was actually looking for a POPPER recipe,hosting SUPERBOWL party,looking for some ideas...

Prior service no not at all,have a few friends and relatives that served or are currently serving,what is the recipe?

Ohh gotcha, usually the Work for a living is a service joke haha!

So the poppers are easy, grate cheddar (or desired cheese) and add minced Bhuts, Naga, or really any other pepper you want into the cheese mix. Add a little bit of garlic powder, or fresh. I mean a very little bit.
That will be what you stuff the peppers with.
Usually I use Turkish Paprika or Jalapeño. Sometimes Habanero if I am feeling lucky haha next you have to prepare your pepper for stuffing, whatever it is you have to remove the seeds. The easiest way to do this is chop stem and small part on top of Chilli stick knife in the Chilli and spin it. Wha-lah! Hah
I prepare my flour next. This part is easy as you really don't have to do much. I add 5 to 1 ratio of flour to Chilli powder. This is not needed but I like it hot. Next dried chives. Toss them in the flour mix and agitate.
Now it's time to stuff your poppers with the cheese mix start packing it in and don't be shy! This is the bread and butter... Or rather cheese
Once packed to the brim dip in whisked eggs. Then toss in the flour and cover it. Repeat 2-3 times so there is a solid layer of flour.
Gently immerse in hot oil and watch until golden to slightly dark brown.
A cheese leak can be expected

Click the link hahaha
http://imgur.com/77dnYYT
77dnYYT.jpg

Great Scott!!! I have done it!

Back