• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's 2015 Glog. Lots of Pods.

I had a great 2014 growing year and can't wait to get started on 2015. Had some issues with overwinters and aphids but I ditched them and nuked the basement. Here is last years Glog link

I just went through and cataloged my current seed list. Built up a bit of a collection over the course of the winter. 

Edited seed list to just a drop box file on 1/31/15 CLICK HERE FOR SEED LIST If you have anything on my wanted list feel free to give me a shout. 
 ​
I will keep this first page updated as I add things to the grow. Many still to get germinated.

Currently Growing List:
 ​
                                                       Member I received seeds from

Bhut Orange Copenhagen                               pier_man0909
Jays Peach Scorpion                                     pier_man0909
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques                                          Ajijoe
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil                                                    pier_man0909
Bulsa de dulce                                               pier_man0909
Aji Omni-color                                                 Ajijoe
Aji Limon                                                        Ajijoe
Fidalga Roxa                                                   Ajijoe
White Bullet Hab                                            Juanitos.
Paper Lantern Hab.                                         B.Ford
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii                                                   -jcw10tc
White Bhut jolokia                                           -jcw10tc
Urfa Biber                                                       pier_man0909
Inca Berry  -                                                    Ajijoe
Caribbean Red Hab                                          B.Ford
Aji Pineapple  second season                           Ajijoe  slight chance at a 7pot cross. Lost track of crossed pod.  
BG7                                                               Ocho Cinco
Orange Wild Brazil                                           Ajijoe
Goatsweed                                                      Ajijoe
Chocolate Habanero                                         B.Ford
Mystery Hababhut?                                          Nursery
Scotch Bonnets                                               Nursery
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"                                       Ajijoe
Fooled you jalapeno                                         Ajijoe
Yellow Primo                                                   jcw10tc
White Devils tongue                                         jcw10tc
7pot Yellow brainstrain                                     jcw10tc
Trinidad Giant yellow congo                              jcw10tc 
Bahamian goat                                                jcw10tc
Aji Crystal                                                      Capcom
Cumari do Para                                              Capcom
Carolina Reaper                                              R.Roland
7pot Yellow                                                                  No Germ
Yaki brown                                                     juanitos
Xalapa Jalapeno                                             Capcom
Pink Tiger                                                     pier_man0909
Criola Sella                                                   mpicante
7pot White                                                    smileyguy697
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso)  F2                         smileyguy697
Aji Amarillo                                                    mpicante
MOA Scotch Bonnet                                      smileyguy697
Champion (baccatum)                                    smileyguy697
Large Thai Orange                                         Romny 6  (Growdown throwdown)
Yellow Bhut                                                  Pier_man0909
Australian Lantern Habanero                          ajijoe
CGN 21500                                                                      
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate                              chocolatescotchbonnet
Red Savina                                                  chocolatescotchbonnet
7pot Chocolate                                             chocolatescotchbonnet
Carbonero                                                    Pepper T Sherwood
 ​
 ​
 Also doing a few Pineapple ground cherry tomato plants. Taste just like tiny pineapples and will be great for a salsa verde with ajis and maybe the bonda ma jacques

Here is my Currently wanted list. I will keep it updated and change it as things pop up. If you have any of these seeds and would like to trade for something on my current seed list please let me know. Line through it means seed trades are underway. 

Seeds Wanted:

Lemon Habanero
Murupi amarela
Carbanero

Removed all the grow equipment from the grow room and bleached the walls and floors. Letting it dry overnight before hitting it with a lil ortho home defense. There was tons of dead aphid dust all over. Hope it got them all. Wiped my baker rack down with bleach and will wipe all the lights down and everything as I move them back into the room. 

Soaking my first batch of seeds in a weak earl grey tea solution. Used a pill dispenser to keep them separated (first thing I found that seemed useful)

Sun-Bhut Orange Copenhagen x9

Mon- Jays Peach Scorpion x9

Tues- Fatalii from Hells hot peppers x12

Wed- Bonda Ma Jaques x12

Thur- Butch T Yellow x9

Fri- 7 Pot Yellow x9

Sat- Sweet Datil x9

Will be planting 3 seeds to each solo cup and culling down to one plant each once the beans pop and I can tell who the weaklings are. 

Next Seed batch is going to soak in the pill box.  These are my more everyday edible varieties.

Sun-  Bulsa de dulce 

Mon- Aji Omni-color

Tue- Aji Limon

Wed- Fidalga Roxa

Thurs- White Bullet Hab.

Fri- Paper Lantern Hab.

Sat- Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.

Seedlings got moved from their pill box and into solo cups. Moved everything down to the basement on a bakers rack. Was in the lower 60's down there so I opened the only vent in that room and positioned the rack under it. between the vent and lights it's around 74 and slowly warming at seedling level. Hopefully in a few days the room should be warm enough to make them happy. 

No seedlings popped yet, I do have a couple seed trades in the works and looking forward to adding them to this years grow. Incoming are White bhut, White 7pot, White white fatalii and maybe a few other goodies. Looks like I will have a all white section in the garden and smell some crosses coming to mind. :)

Yea I really wish I had some but only had $13 that was barely enough for the crappy organic miracle grow. I'm unemployed right now so money hard to come by. If i do come into any I will probably buy a different soil mix all together. I don't like the way this stuff looks and well... it's already hatching out gnats. Once the seedlings pop I will put a layer of sand on top. That should help along with some mosquito dunks. But i've never won a battle against gnats. They are persistent little bugs. 

Lots more sprouts, lots more fungus gnats... can't wait to get some money to get different soil. Maybe lightwarrior or some promix. I'd say half the cups have spouts in them at this point. Haven't done any watering since initial soil soak. Going to try and keep things as dry as possible to fight off the gnats. Even hit the soil with a lil safer spray hoping it may have an effect on them. 

Moved some stuff around on the plant rack, set up a few of the LEDs over the seedlings so I can start the next round. Got two more spare LED pendants I can use.

Reds so heavy almost can't make out the seedlings in the pictures. I was going through my garden since it's in the 40's today and found a bag of perlite and manure. SCORE! Also selling some my old ps3 and ps4 games get a little scratch. Going to the hydro store SUN for a bag of proper soil. 

These ones where in the humidity dome a little too long and look like they are a little heat stressed. They should perk back up now that it's 70 over them instead of 85.

Group hug 

Also starting my Next batch of seeds.

Had a hard time deciding what was next but going with  

Sun- White Fatalii
Mon- White Bhut
Tue- Urfa Beiber
Wed- Inca Berry
Thurs- Carribean red Hab

That just leaves a few I need to decide on. 

Options are
Taquila hot (same as taquila sunrise? dunno, it's from ajijoe)
Orange Wild Brazil
Pecquilla
Aji Pineapple 
or a Mystery cross I got from a batch of red savina I bought at the nursery that ended up more orange and shaped like a Bhut. 

Started a poll, leaving the last two choices up to the public

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52812-poll-help-pick-2-seeds-to-start-ends-tonight/

Aji Pineapple and BG7 have won the Poll and gone in to tea soak for a few hours with the rest. Not nearly as long as the others though. 

I wasn't happy with how chilly the rack was so I re-wrapped it in plastic. This time the panda plastic for light reflection. Just a simple wrap job not trying to turn it into a oven. Big slit down the middle so everything is still easily accessible. Only sitting at about 73 degrees F because the built in fans on the LED units. 

Babies on the heat mat and watered with Zombie Juice.

Also started a couple Pineapple ground cherry tomatoes. Those and a tomatillo plant will be the only tomatoes I do. 

Checked on the plants this morning. All the ones that are up look good and not stretching or burning. Most cups have sprouts in them so far with poor results from bonda ma jaques, y 7pot and BOC.  The BMJ seedlings are really small and weak looking, Y 7pot only has one sprout out of 9 so far and I think there was two BOC one of which is  a helmet head and probably wont free itself. 

Temps are still on the cool side since the addition of the LEDs. Their built in fans really cooling things off. Even with shelf wrapped in plastic and sitting under heat vent it's 73F right at seedling height. 

pics because, you know. There isn't any thing else to do at this point....  :mope:

Even with phones flash on the LED drowns out all other light. At least there isn't any stretch  :party:

Can't wait until it's warm out and I can stain the garden fence and all my other woody items I installed last year. I miss summer so much

Not bad for being only grass and mud back there at the beginning of 2014

Back