• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's 2015 Glog. Lots of Pods.

I had a great 2014 growing year and can't wait to get started on 2015. Had some issues with overwinters and aphids but I ditched them and nuked the basement. Here is last years Glog link

I just went through and cataloged my current seed list. Built up a bit of a collection over the course of the winter. 

Edited seed list to just a drop box file on 1/31/15 CLICK HERE FOR SEED LIST If you have anything on my wanted list feel free to give me a shout. 
 ​
I will keep this first page updated as I add things to the grow. Many still to get germinated.

Currently Growing List:
 ​
                                                       Member I received seeds from

Bhut Orange Copenhagen                               pier_man0909
Jays Peach Scorpion                                     pier_man0909
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques                                          Ajijoe
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil                                                    pier_man0909
Bulsa de dulce                                               pier_man0909
Aji Omni-color                                                 Ajijoe
Aji Limon                                                        Ajijoe
Fidalga Roxa                                                   Ajijoe
White Bullet Hab                                            Juanitos.
Paper Lantern Hab.                                         B.Ford
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii                                                   -jcw10tc
White Bhut jolokia                                           -jcw10tc
Urfa Biber                                                       pier_man0909
Inca Berry  -                                                    Ajijoe
Caribbean Red Hab                                          B.Ford
Aji Pineapple  second season                           Ajijoe  slight chance at a 7pot cross. Lost track of crossed pod.  
BG7                                                               Ocho Cinco
Orange Wild Brazil                                           Ajijoe
Goatsweed                                                      Ajijoe
Chocolate Habanero                                         B.Ford
Mystery Hababhut?                                          Nursery
Scotch Bonnets                                               Nursery
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"                                       Ajijoe
Fooled you jalapeno                                         Ajijoe
Yellow Primo                                                   jcw10tc
White Devils tongue                                         jcw10tc
7pot Yellow brainstrain                                     jcw10tc
Trinidad Giant yellow congo                              jcw10tc 
Bahamian goat                                                jcw10tc
Aji Crystal                                                      Capcom
Cumari do Para                                              Capcom
Carolina Reaper                                              R.Roland
7pot Yellow                                                                  No Germ
Yaki brown                                                     juanitos
Xalapa Jalapeno                                             Capcom
Pink Tiger                                                     pier_man0909
Criola Sella                                                   mpicante
7pot White                                                    smileyguy697
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso)  F2                         smileyguy697
Aji Amarillo                                                    mpicante
MOA Scotch Bonnet                                      smileyguy697
Champion (baccatum)                                    smileyguy697
Large Thai Orange                                         Romny 6  (Growdown throwdown)
Yellow Bhut                                                  Pier_man0909
Australian Lantern Habanero                          ajijoe
CGN 21500                                                                      
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate                              chocolatescotchbonnet
Red Savina                                                  chocolatescotchbonnet
7pot Chocolate                                             chocolatescotchbonnet
Carbonero                                                    Pepper T Sherwood
 ​
 ​
 Also doing a few Pineapple ground cherry tomato plants. Taste just like tiny pineapples and will be great for a salsa verde with ajis and maybe the bonda ma jacques

Here is my Currently wanted list. I will keep it updated and change it as things pop up. If you have any of these seeds and would like to trade for something on my current seed list please let me know. Line through it means seed trades are underway. 

Seeds Wanted:

Lemon Habanero
Murupi amarela
Carbanero

grantmichaels said:
Wild, Wild Brazil ... nice.

It's pretty small atm, hoping that by the end of the season it's much bigger. It's already the size my wild brazil plants were last year but I had planted them late. Would make a nice little house plant from what i've seen so far. Small pot on a windowsill 

D3monic said:

It's pretty small atm, hoping that by the end of the season it's much bigger. It's already the size my wild brazil plants were last year but I had planted them late. Would make a nice little house plant from what i've seen so far. Small pot on a windowsill 

It's developing bark ... differentiating it from most of the *tepins, and dare I say, the MC ...

D3monic said:
Feel so bad for my plants, i'm never planting out again. Just going to baby them in the basement all year. Getting beat up by the wind, sun burnt, rained on and shitty cold. *sniffle

They may look a little rough up top, but you know their roots are lookin' fine. Once they start putting on all that gorgeous outdo' growth you'll forget all about sunburn and wind damage!

D3monic said:

That's awesome! My wife and I picked out some petunias to put on the front porch this year and we picked the EXACT same colors you did! I'll have to get some pics in my next update.
     Everything's looking great, man. I can't wait to see all that new growth in a few weeks. Keep up the good work!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

They may look a little rough up top, but you know their roots are lookin' fine. Once they start putting on all that gorgeous outdo' growth you'll forget all about sunburn and wind damage!

That's awesome! My wife and I picked out some petunias to put on the front porch this year and we picked the EXACT same colors you did! I'll have to get some pics in my next update.
     Everything's looking great, man. I can't wait to see all that new growth in a few weeks. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I have a bunch growing wild between the stones on my walk way to the grill, they must of dropped seeds last year. I'll take that over weeds any day. 

Every year we buy a big hanging basket for the front door. I'll post some pics of it later. last years was similar colors to what is in that pot. This year it's dark red and some other color along with a smaller beat up basket of lime and pink bicolor petunias. Got the baskets for $25 each. One from last year got so big I could barely lift it. 
Here's a pic of last years shortly after we got it. Paid like $35 for that one. Was beautiful all summer. Though it kind of took over the whole front porch

Beautiful basket. It looks like a giant, flowery disco ball!
     One more thing I forgot to mention yesterday. If you're still having problems with buffalo gnats divebombing your eardrums and eyeballs, splash a little vanilla extract on yourself before you go out next time. They fucking hate that stuff. I do ag research out in the field all summer and I would go absolutely insane if it wasn't for that trick. I get by on that stuff this time of year.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Beautiful basket. It looks like a giant, flowery disco ball!
     One more thing I forgot to mention yesterday. If you're still having problems with buffalo gnats divebombing your eardrums and eyeballs, splash a little vanilla extract on yourself before you go out next time. They f**king hate that stuff. I do ag research out in the field all summer and I would go absolutely insane if it wasn't for that trick. I get by on that stuff this time of year.

Ooo nice, thanks for the tip. I think they have dispersed for now, haven't seen many lately. Just got my tiny bottle of azamax in the mail today. Will be treating the garden with that. All my new growth is crumpled and distorted not sure if it's mites or something else but either way it's dying. Hopefully kill what ever else as well. Haven't seen any lady bugs or beneficials yet so figured best to hit now. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     I betcha anything what you're seeing is 2,4-d drift damage. Are the new leaves tiny and skinny with wavy mid veins?

No it's different, I'll go pics right after I order this pizza
Yea on closer inspection at first I thought it was just cotton wood gunk but looks more like spider mites, see a lot of it between the leaves on the chinense 

it's not coming through on the cell pics, i'll have to go get my macro from downstairs

can kinda see it in this pic

Yea, looks like spider mites

Good thing the Azamax got here today, i'll go spray at sun down

Yeah, I think you're right that that's not 2,4-d damage. But on the other hand, those webs don't quite look like spider mite webs to me. They seem to coarse and sparse. Every time I've seen them they've been so fine that it's almost hard to see an individual strand even when looking up close. But you've seen them closer than I have just looking at your pics, so I dunno.
     I sure hope you don't have mites. I had to wage war on them at work years ago. Neem and soap didn't work so I finally said f**k it and set off four permethrin bombs (in a 15' x 15' room) and hosed everything down with 95% ethanol. Thermonuclearfullretard FTW.
     Man I hope you don't have mites. 

I will be spraying mine tomorrow, similarly ...

I quarantined the most affected one's an hour ago ...

Dr DOOM aerosol didn't do much more than slow them down a little bit ...

We'll see what the AzaMax has in store for them.

I see webs in the last picture. Spider mites. My plumerias get them every year. My mom told me dish soap and water spray takes care of them. I tried it, and she was right. Be careful on the mixture though... too much soap killed a bunch of my leaves within a couple of hours on the first try

My friend executes the water spray technique and says it works well.

I've been afraid as it seems they are too small yet.

D3's look a little bit larger, though.

grantmichaels said:
My friend executes the water spray technique and says it works well.

I've been afraid as it seems they are too small yet.

D3's look a little bit larger, though.

While spraying there was some difinate webbing and some cotton wood fuzz. I gave them a good soaking in azamax. It disrupts their feeding/reproductive cycle so I'm sure I can't expect immediate results but hopefully over time. I'll hit them again in a week or so. Hopefully I get a headstart on the aphids as well. All the ones I have seen where still young. Some white flies too. This stuff supposed to work on all that. Hopefully I didn't mix it too strong. Was kind of milky once I added water. Barely a 1% mixture though. 

I hit the whole garden so hopefully it doesn't burn or anything

Heckle said:
http://mightybomb.com/

seems to work as a contact killer, not sure about the other claimed properties

a 32oz bottle was $25.

Thanks for the link, I remember people on the canna forums having luck with that on indoor spidermites. 

Now that i'm loaded with pods i've been doing lil posts on my facebook featuring the pepper of the day. Figured I may as well do it here too. Yesterday was Aji Crystal

Today Is Aji Omni Color

Pepper of the day, Inca Berry from Peru. This Baccatum ripens from yellow to red and has thick walled flesh. Plants are producing heavy amounts of pods that resemble small lemons when unripe. Some pods are just starting to turn red. Hopefully in a month I will have plenty of fresh pods to taste.

Tadpoles for my pond came yesterday, Copes Grey Treefrog, same as Pablano Pete from last year. 

Plants around pond are coming back nice this year

Back