• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Jalapeno Popper Dip: a tasty snack for the big game!

This recipe is a cream cheese-based dip that is essentially a deconstructed jalapeno popper.  This is not my own recipe; I found it online a few years ago but I can't remember exactly where I found it.  I usually make it on Sundays for the football game and it's always a huge hit!  I've never taken pictures during the cooking process but next time I make this I'll put some pics up for everyone.  Enjoy!  :party:

[SIZE=12pt]Ingredients:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]¾ package of bacon, diced and cooked crispy[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft[/SIZE]
1 cup of mayonnaise
8-10 jalapeno's, chopped and deseeded (unless you’d like a bit of heat, of course).
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion
[SIZE=12pt]Occasionally I’ll add a little bit of dill into the mix, but I don’t really measure how much.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Topping:[/SIZE]

1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.

Transfer to an oven proof dish. The size of the dish depends on how thick the dip is. The thicker the dip the longer it may need to warm up. I use a square corningware dish that is roughly 10x10 inches. My dip ends up being about an inch-and-a-half to two inches thick.  The thicker the dip is the longer it will have to be in the oven.

Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.

Bake the dip for 25-40 minutes or until bubbly.

Hawaiianero said:
I'm sooooo gonna do this on SB Sunday!! Except gonna sub out the jalapenos with habaneros.
That sounds fantastic, you'll probably use well over a dozen habs in that case then, lemme know how that turns out!

ronaldo_fanbelt said:
I love you!
Thanks!  Just don't tell my girlfriend  ;)

LUCKYDOG said:
great stuff - Buffalo Chicken dip is insane too
Yea, we always have that too, the two dips sit side-by-side and its almost a contest to see which gets eaten first lol

Looks yummy ... and something my kids can probably handle! I may have to siphon a bit off and mix in a little smoked atomic powder :)

Go Seahawks!

sreinhard88, that sounds amazing will defiantly have to give this a try.  Do you prefer it with chips or crackers?

Looks like I need to make a trip to Cody for supplies! I can tell that this recipe is full of win! 

This is the first time in probably 10 years that I will get to watch the Superbowl. My team may not be playing and I am not a fan of either the Seahawks or Patriots, but I gotta root for the Seahawks. They are the lesser of two evils.

Alrighty. I got a batch going in the oven as we speak. Jalapenos just aren't potent enough for me, so I added some chocolate habanero powder to mine as well. I also threw in a little minced garlic.

Hit this up this arvo for some superbowl grub. Seems there's a good reason every store has Jalas on sale lately, no heat at all. Either way, the dip tasted great. My wife loves cream cheese more than me so she loved it, next time for me it'll be more cheddar, less cream cheese and some hotter peppers.
20150201_180952.jpg

Yeah this one is a keeper.  I ate so much my belly aches today!  I made the recipe as is.  But for me I made a separate bowl with a ton of my kitchen sink powder.  So good!

Back