• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulS Glog MMXV - Plant Outs :)

It's finally time to start the 2015 season :)

It's my first time doing a season glog but it's my sixth year growing chillies. I've learnt so much from reading this website and the knowledgeable people on it. The last couple of years have been pretty successful, so hopefully this year will be the best year yet.

My grow list.

I'm growing nothing that I've grown before so it should all be a nice surprise.

Super Hots
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Red Moruga
Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Orange

Mild
Aji pineapple
Large Orange Thai
Peruvian Purple

Crosses
Pink Tiger
Pimenta Puma
Mojo Scoundrel (Bhut x Neyde)
Mojo Big brown
Bubblegum 7 x PdN
Bhut x Neyde - Peach-Cream
Buena Mulata
Black Panther F2

Bonchi
Cheiro Roxa
Bird's Eye Baby
Peito de Moca
CGN 22794
Pimenta Bode
CGN 21500

The seeds were soaked overnight
SANY0004.jpg

Then put into my heated propagator on 15th Jan
SANY0003.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

No hooks or any signs of life as I'm writing this on the 20th Jan!

nice grow list! looking forward to seeing your bonchi. im gonna try it this year too for the first time (i have a few over winters i need to put in bonsai pots

Very nice list.Never heard of Black Panther(what is this?)Wil be following this to see what they look like.Hope your grow is Great this year!!!

georgej said:
nice grow list! looking forward to seeing your bonchi. im gonna try it this year too for the first time (i have a few over winters i need to put in bonsai pots
Thanks dude! I have a bonchi glog here for a few I have at the moment. It needs updating though! - http://thehotpepper.com/topic/50436-pauls-bonchi-glog/

Look after that cute hedgehog!

mpicante said:
Very nice list.Never heard of Black Panther(what is this?)Wil be following this to see what they look like.Hope your grow is Great this year!!!
Thanks dude :) I haven't heard of it either I was sent some seeds!

Nice list Paul! I love that propagator. The seed germinating tray is pretty awesome too. Good luck this season! Will definitely be following.

Nice grow list - and looks like you're off to a good start!
I'm growing a Bhut Orange Copenhagen and Jay's Peach Ghost as well and am very excited to see how they turn out.  I tried them both last year, but the soil at my new place didn't really work out. 

That's an interesting list of Bonchi you are doing.  Unusual varieties.  Are they ones you just enjoyed, or ones that you thought would do well as Bonchis? 

Peter S said:
Nice list Paul! I love that propagator. The seed germinating tray is pretty awesome too. Good luck this season! Will definitely be following.
Thanks dude. That tray is an ice cube tray :) Well it used to be!

Pulpiteer said:
Nice grow list - and looks like you're off to a good start!
I'm growing a Bhut Orange Copenhagen and Jay's Peach Ghost as well and am very excited to see how they turn out.  I tried them both last year, but the soil at my new place didn't really work out. 

That's an interesting list of Bonchi you are doing.  Unusual varieties.  Are they ones you just enjoyed, or ones that you thought would do well as Bonchis? 
Thanks dude.
I chose seeds for bonchis that I'd seen as bonchi plants that looked good. Mostly small leaves and small fruits. I've really enjoyed overwintering bonchis this year, shaping, wiring and pruning, I guess I'll need more room next year!

That germinating set-up is money, Paul!

You are only at 7 days, things should start popping for you soon!

PaulG said:
That germinating set-up is money, Paul!

You are only at 7 days, things should start popping for you soon!
Devv said:
+1 on #9

They will come!
Thanks guys.
The heated propagator is great. It's strange because sometimes the seeds around the edge of the trays inside germinate first, I'm not sure why!

Well I completely messed up the entire batch of seeds I started so I've had to start again :(
I was stuck in bed for 10 days or so and they got neglected, it wont happen again!

I restarted on the 2nd of feb and have about 10 up already, I'll add a photo later.

PaulS said:
Well I completely messed up the entire batch of seeds I started so I've had to start again :(
I was stuck in bed for 10 days or so and they got neglected, it wont happen again!

I restarted on the 2nd of feb and have about 10 up already, I'll add a photo later.
Sorry to hear you lost those seeds Paul. Hopefully your new ones will do better.

Sorry about the seed mishap, and even more sorry about 10 days in bed!

You can always replant seeds ;)

+1 Andy.  Sorry to hear your were laid up, Paul, but glad  
you have started another round of seeds.  good Luck!

Peter S said:
Sorry to hear you lost those seeds Paul. Hopefully your new ones will do better.
beerbreath81 said:
Tough luck on the seeds Paul, glad your feeling better though. Had a cruise through your bonchi glog, that shit is impressive. Nice work! Good luck this season
Devv said:
Sorry about the seed mishap, and even more sorry about 10 days in bed!

You can always replant seeds ;)
Pulpiteer said:
Ugh... Still early - I hope everything bounces back for you and that you're feeling better!
PaulG said:
+1 Andy.  Sorry to hear your were laid up, Paul, but glad  
you have started another round of seeds.  good Luck!

@beerbreath81
The bonchis are coming along really nicely. There's not much work required at the moment, I'm happy with the shape/wiring, well until all the new shoots get bigger! I just pluck the leaves when they get big!

Thanks for the kind words dudes.I haven't been sick, I have a spinal injury so I'm stuck in a wheelchair, I get skin problems/sores sometimes and the only way of getting rid of them is to stay in bed! It's pretty boring!

Anyway on to the fun stuff....
I replanted all the seeds on the 2nd Feb and I've had much better luck. This is my setup....

SANY0006.jpg

The top shelf is my bonchi - carnivorous plant collection. If you haven't seen my bonchis( http://http://thehotpepper.com/topic/50436-pauls-bonchi-glog/ )
They are under a 2 foot 2 bulb t5.

The bottom shelf is for starting my chillies. I have a heated propagator (germination station!) A really basic soil mix of John Innis small plant compost with perlite and vermiculite.
The light is a 2foot 4 bulb t5. This is on 18/6.
SANY0007.jpg

I took some of the seedlings out of the propigator, prob far too early but I got impatient!
SANY0008.jpg

There was one survivor from the original crop a pink tiger
SANY0012.jpg

Some of my carnivorous plants

SANY0017.jpg

SANY0016.jpg

SANY0015.jpg

Happy gardening :)

Those carnivores are awesome.  Some of the best
specimens I've seen; they look really well-fed!!

Long live the Pink Tiger! 

Your grow station looks great full of green, Paul!

I too am digging the carnivorous plants!

I don't feel you're taking the babies out too soon. As soon as mine stand up I move them into a solo cup and put them under lights.

Bonchi's look fantastic as well!

Back