seed-train Non-Pepper Seed Train- Round 2 Boarding

I thoroughly enjoyed Wicked Mike's train. Eagerly awaiting CAPCOM's wild train. I started three seed trains in October on a heirloom seed savers Facebook group. All three were hijacked along the way by dishonest riders. One was started back up and got back to me today with a bunch of seeds I'll never use- flowers, palm trees, peanuts... eh, I'll try growing the peanuts. Through the whole process I kept saying my faith in humanity and seed traders was not lost because of the fantastic pepper people in the world. Its no secret that when you don't have a connection to the people involved, there is a sense of anonymity... but still, three people outright stole the trains. Two just stopped communicating after they said they received it & would send it out "sometime soon." The other was a new homesteader who "needs all the seeds she can get" but I'm to believe USPS lost her untracked package? Hmpf. So I'm out 90 seed packs with only some possibly rotting palm seeds to show for it. :( My wife came up with an ingenious idea- "Why don't you start a non-pepper train with pepper people? You can trust them." She's right
Been here over 3 months & have probably done 40 trades, given away seeds to 20 people & have received free seeds from 20 people. Not a single problem. I can't believe out of maybe 80 packages I've traded here every single one has been delivered & has shipped incredibly quickly.

I'll start a train as possible with a mean, lean 14 riders, so everyone gets their seeds before time to plant. I'll stock it with at least 30 varieties of seeds to begin with- tomatoes, greens, squash, melons, beans... good stuff, eh who knows, I may throw in some peppers too. If I know you all- and I think I do, it'll grow quickly by the time it hits a few riders. Continental US only. Tracking number required on all shipments. THP member for 2 months & 100 posts minimum. Easy enough?

Who wants in? Let's get it kicked off this week. I'll sort positions by geography to get things moving a little more quickly with less travel time.

RIDER ORDER:
1. Sent to SmokenFire, IL 1/23/15
2. Jem_stoneous, OH
3. catherinew, CO received 2/2/15, mailed to nearday 2/4/15
4. nearday, CO

5. BabySas, CA RECEIVED 2/12/15. Sent out 2/13. Tracking: 9114901230803974375457
6. Bucdout57, CA  Sent out 2/19. Tracking: 9114999944313084881586
7. KingDenniz, CA Sent out 2/23. Tracking: 9505500013695054000247
8. meathead1313, LA  Sent out 2/26. Tracking: 9114901159818279088243
9. AaronTT, FL Received 2/28/15.
10. helvete, VA Received 3/6/15.
11. tctenten, NJ Received 3/11/15
12. AdamStl, MO Sent out 3/16/15. Tracking: 9114901159818878227296
13. sdambr, NY
14. CoachSpencerXC, NC 

Order for Round 2:

1. Scuba_Steve, Georgia  Received 3/27/15. Sent out 3/30/15. Tracking: 9405509699937455367870
2. gtf3188s, Maryland 
3. Jamison, Wisconsin  Skipped for now- no address.
4. Fiogga, Indiana
Tracking: 9114 9999 4431 4068 6432 68
5. Juanitos, Oklahoma
6. FGPepperguy, Oregon Left Tuesday. Tracking: 9505 5111 6115 5104 4794 82ø7. Beerbreath, Colorado
8. Catherinew, Colorado
9. CoachSpencerXC, North Carolina

filmost said:
Man you guys get to have all the fun. :-(

Good luck though! I hope it takes off ;-)
I would love to have an international seed trains but time, cost & customs would make it awfully difficult.

I have plenty non pepper seeds to join this train.  heirloom maters, cukes, beans, squash, pumpkins, melons, eggplant, corn, onions, beets, turnips, radish, broccoli, cabbage, swiss chard, spinach, kale, sunflower.....hsit IMA FCUK THIS TRAIN UP!

PM coming coach.  I won't take but maybe a couple seeds for something odd cause I'm truly full up for 2015.  Send it to me first so everyone after gets a bounty.  :)

That'll do pig.  

Pepper People Rock!

@ Filmost - if I have anything you're looking for it will only cost you shipping brother.  Recently completed shipments to Italy and Belgium with no problems (transit times at 4-6 weeks) PM me with a wish list.  If you pay the freight I'll ship to you.  :)

SmokenFire said:
I have plenty non pepper seeds to join this train.  heirloom maters, cukes, beans, squash, pumpkins, melons, eggplant, corn, onions, beets, turnips, radish, broccoli, cabbage, swiss chard, spinach, kale, sunflower.....hsit IMA FCUK THIS TRAIN UP!

PM coming coach.  I won't take but maybe a couple seeds for something odd cause I'm truly full up for 2015.  Send it to me first so everyone after gets a bounty.   :)

That'll do pig.  

Pepper People Rock!
Haha!! I like the enthusiasm. :) Sounds great. 

Babysas said:
I'm SOOO in!!!
I have loads of seeds to add as well!
I put a 2 month/100 post requirement on the train, but you've been very active on THP since joining 5 weeks ago. You're in (I feel like a jerk for having a limit but like I said, I've been burned badly recently on trains outside of THP. 

Jem_stoneus said:
I  would like to join this train.... :)
See above, but after some stalking, I see you did well with Mike's train. You're in.

ikeepfish said:
I'll jump on, although I may not grow a lot of it until 2016. 

AaronTT said:
I would like to ride, and can contribute.

tctenten said:
Put me in Coach!! I had some fun with Scorched's seed train. I do not have a lot of seeds to contribute, but will try to add to it.

MeatHead1313 said:
I'll jump on.
Good to hear. I'll changed my mind about selecting positions. I'll wait until we get 14 & then sort based on geography to make it go a little more quickly. I'll still keep Smokenfire as #1 but then proceed based on geography.

catherinew said:
I have loads of seeds to contribute.  I have lots coming in orders and even more from friends.

Please let me unload so many extras!
Well, if you insist. ;) Sounds good!
I'm going to go package some stuff out now. Sounds like we'll get this started in a day or two. Excited!

Count me in too. I got a bunch of pumpkin, squashes, tomato, passion fruit and dwarf tangerine seeds and herb seeds of course seeds to offer. Not the herb but cooking herbs like thyme, basil, tarragon, and rosemary. Just had to make the correction. Looking to grow some cucumbers and more edible food for the girls. My daughters love the garden. And I love the time spent with them learning. Just got back in from outside with my youngest and the tomato plants are looking really good. Count me in.

bucdout57 said:
Count me in too. I got a bunch of pumpkin, squashes, tomato, passion fruit and dwarf tangerine seeds and herb seeds of course seeds to offer. Not the herb but cooking herbs like thyme, basil, tarragon, and rosemary. Just had to make the correction. Looking to grow some cucumbers and more edible food for the girls. My daughters love the garden. And I love the time spent with them learning. Just got back in from outside with my youngest and the tomato plants are looking really good. Count me in.
You got it. My daughter is 10 & likes helping a lot too.

SmokenFire said:
@ Filmost - if I have anything you're looking for it will only cost you shipping brother.  Recently completed shipments to Italy and Belgium with no problems (transit times at 4-6 weeks) PM me with a wish list.  If you pay the freight I'll ship to you.   :)

That is so freaking nice of you SmokenFire! I might actually take you up on that offer! ;-D

SmokenFire said:
@ Filmost - if I have anything you're looking for it will only cost you shipping brother.  Recently completed shipments to Italy and Belgium with no problems (transit times at 4-6 weeks) PM me with a wish list.  If you pay the freight I'll ship to you.  :)
Buy some thin foam and wrap your seed bags in it. Send in a regular envelope with a stamp. It is way faster and 10 to 16 times cheaper than going through customs. I send packages to Europe weekly. The last 3 I sent were received in 4 days.

Back