• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SB7J Community grow.

This is where your SB7J grow goes from the seeds that I sent you. 

IesygjD.jpg

Thanks, Pex! I have some garden lime and Epsom salts. Can I use those in any particular combination as a side dressing or is that going overboard?

Bhuter said:
Thanks, Pex! I have some garden lime and Epsom salts. Can I use those in any particular combination as a side dressing or is that going overboard?

dont really know, never used either before. the garden lime can make your soil EXTREMELY alkaline and cause all sorts of nutrient lockout. what kind of soil are you using? any ferts?

I honestly prefer FoxFarms ocean Forest.

I went the cheap route and am using regular miracle-gro potting soil. I may have over fertilized. I only fertilized once, but maybe it was too strong of a concentration. I used 5-10-10 at half strength mainly because it has calcium and magnesium in it along with other micronutrients. I may be doing everything wrong.

flush it (not down the toilet) and please dont cheap out, you will get out 100 fold of what you put in if you do it properly. Fox Farm and Pro-mix reign supreme around here it seems.

That sounds easy enough. I was worried that a flush or too much water in general would promote edema. I'll know better with the next seeds I start. Thank you for your help!

PexPeppers hi I am a Scotch Bonnet enthusiast from the UK ... thirty plus SB varieties last season including the SB7J the seed coming from Italy .... can I join this grow ... seeds sown recently

Thank you my seed originally came from an Italian forum member who sourced it from Patrick ... I grew two variations last season Patricks "Grass Hut " and also the "Atomic Mushroom" shaped pod which I read with interest on this forum as noted by Dulac .... The SB7J remains my favourite SB in both taste and heat

Trident chilli said:
Thank you my seed originally came from an Italian forum member who sourced it from Patrick ... I grew two variations last season Patricks "Grass Hut " and also the "Atomic Mushroom" shaped pod which I read with interest on this forum as noted by Dulac .... The SB7J remains my favourite SB in both taste and heat

I'll join with mine as well from the same parents as the "atomic" line and another line. I have another odd SB7J (nicknamed sombrero to differentiate between different variations I grew) I'm going to grow and also a peach version from the "atomic" line is being sent to me (I'll cite the grower when I get the seeds. I grew all these from Patrick's F2 seeds.

Unripe SB7J (ripen to red) sombrero F3 (names are just temp names to keep track of different variations)

ya know, ive had a LOT like that. im just glad its for references because its still rather unstable. I dislike when somebody names an F1-3 "SUPER MEGA DEATH RAY BUTT RAPE 7 POT 9 DINGLEBERRY CHEESE NUGGET!"

PexPeppers said:
ya know, ive had a LOT like that. im just glad its for references because its still rather unstable. I dislike when somebody names an F1-3 "SUPER MEGA DEATH RAY BUTT RAPE 7 POT 9 DINGLEBERRY CHEESE NUGGET!"

Its proven helpful for referencing. I think it's ok to do as long as you keep what crossed first and generation.

Back