• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

It has been re-born.

Pex I'm super glad to hear you're taking over the honey!  It's an excellent product that deserves to go forward.  I'm sure you'll do him proud.  :)  

Is that box your photo shows one of the 'hot sauce' boxes that was posted here a lil bit ago?  

In a small town that i lived in once, i worked for the beekeeper every autumn... loading the boxes on the truck. My jest, with friends, was that 'the dance lesson were free'... that's a lot of work to take on. Hell of a job, the knowledge needed, all that... way to go, Pex!!

Too bad I can't purchase some (honey import is prohibited). Good honey is worth is weight in gold here. My Girlfriend has a thing with honey, wouldn't mind the shipping cost other wise (the current exchange rate isn't too bad).

It's a very unique product, I hate to see people quiting on bee keeping more and more. It's a good thing you are taking over.

And imagine how many chili heads they have to troll with cross pollination, to get enough nectar for a single jar of wild flower honey.

Can we get some pics of the hives,boxes whatever you keep your bees in. That would be cool.
How many bees do you have?

I am lucky enough that the wife's grandparents also do honey in PA. Here is the bee box and has to be guarded due to bears.

1074256_4979081239201_928348004_o.jpg

Pepper powder infused honey = $$$$$

We had at least one bear that went straight for the brood combs (thus destroying the queen) everytime. They're incredibly destructive. I'm honestly unsure how the poor little bugs manage to survive in the wild state. The fragrance of a hive has to carry for miles on a breeze, and bears have far too keen a nose.

@JHP:Thanks for the pic. Brings back memories, most of them very fond. (The beekeeper's wife packed awesome lunches for the hired help).

PexPeppers said:
you realize its winter here right? I cant unwrap the hives else theyll freeze to death... which would screw me.
Nope I didnt know it was winter.  I just thought maybe you had some pics of the operation? Just wanted to see your new venture.

But ya I cant beeleeve its winter :rolleyes:

There is lots of honey dudes around here. Only thing I know about bees is they will chase you when you get close to the hives on your mower. Not good :shocked:  Good thing my mower is faster than they are.

Within 5 miles from me there is probably  500 boxes in diffrent pastures.

We have all kinds of flavored honey sticks at the feed stores and tack shops,ect.
Honey baby honey.

Back