• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

went to a reaper wing challenge!

I went to a Carolina reaper challenge at my local wing place. I only 1 and a Half chicken. And it wasn't cause of the heat. The heat isn't the problem I just wasn't eating all 7 because I knew what I would be coming to. An hour later after I got home. It was total Armageddon I was on the floor dieing for literally like 5 hours.
It was fun, unfortunately only 6 people wanted to try the chicken! But there was 3 people I felt bad for because they never had super hots before I think they said they usually eat nothing more than buffalo or something like that. the 3 of those kids quit, my friend quit. The kid sitting next to me obviously came prepared cause he are all 7 wings. But lol I said to the host I'd everyone else done and he's like yeah and so I'm like ok I'm done then

You might want to check out one of the many posts about eating stuff before and or after eating supers.
If nothing else,it can't hurt.

I'll never understand the "Watch me eat this"stuff kind of thinking.

Seems to me that it's a waste to grow a plant out,keep it happy etc. and (in the case of supers) hope your seeds or plant delivers as advertised.

If the Reaper put out the right pods (which it doesn't most times in my experience),you wasted them by not using them in a way that would exclude a lot of people from eating them - too hot-Stomach problems etc.
Hot or not so hot,they do always seem to have a good taste - from what I've eaten.
Most weren't all that hot...

Not all,but a lot of supers have a taste I can't get from other peppers.

I do like hot,people say I have no taste buds...  LOL

But I don't eat any supers for any other reason except to blend flavors and heat to make a dish I like.
I eat supers just about every day.
Only super powder that gets rivaled by my smoked Manzano powder.
For taste,not heat.
I love Pubes for taste.

Nigle/Nigel ? seems to have a good way to stop or limit stomach problems when doing stupid things with supers.

As a side note,I've never had a reaper that was hotter than some Brain strains I've eaten.
Primo was as hot or hotter than reapers too.
I'd guess it was seed stock or growing conditions,probably seed stock.

They,reapers do taste a lot better though.

A lot of the hottest pods I've eaten were as nasty tasting as they were hot.
A lot just are hot,nasty tasting.
Some I don't even use in blends due to a strong nasty taste.

So far any or most local challenges I've been to used extract or whatever to add heat.

I guess that is a security measure to insure a bad taste and heat so they win every time.
Even if some idiot wins they are free advertising when the word gets around that some idiot actually ate the stuff and others will soon want to join in...

As far as taste goes,I like Yellow  Charapita best for a clean,long lasting chinense taste.
Not that hot but GREAT to add to a blend or eat by itself in a mild salsa.
Mild or taste depends on your taste buds,the heat you like.

Back