• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

Hello all I had no idea where to put this thread, so here it is! Yeah this is going to be awesome... Recently (yesterday), I ordered seeds from a record setting pumpkin. These are the type you see in your county fair or circus. The seed is from varieties ranging from 100-1000 pound pumpkins. So obviously the growing style will be different from the pumpkins you grow to use in your pie. I have never done this, so many  things could come of it.  I purchased 20 seeds so I have a back up plan.  The seeds should be here some time this week. As soon as I get them, a couple are going into the ground.

Once I get a pumpkin growing I will use this official chart to document the weight:
F6s1cIX.jpg

I will add updates and pictures as we go through this journey. So, join me in growing a MASSIVE pumpkin!

1VaIDjh.jpg

Calabaza's went into a paper towel today. I picked the two largest seeds. Bigger the seed bigger the pumpkin. I filed the edges and am treating them like a competition type pumpkin. Pictures will come tomorrow.

Im jealous of your arizona sun.  I cant start mine for another couple of months.  Good thing I should still have time to grow a gigantic pumpkin by Halloween.

First plant is an 823 Rahe - I asked Ron Rahe for some seeds because he grew some really big really orange pumpkins, and I want to grow a big orange one.
IMAG2480_zpsnc9o63mv.jpg

IMAG2483_zpstl3ilf0s.jpg

Second plant is from a place called Atlantic Seeds, they dont name the genetic history but they say the seeds are good to make a 360kg pumpkin
IMAG2481_zpsvv1a0vsg.jpg

IMAG2484_zpssddl5pkt.jpg

those seeds are from the pumpkin I grew from the atlantic seed people, they say it can grow a pumpkin to 220kg! 

Looking good so far, hopefully your vine starts stretching out soon!

Atlantic seeds are the same as the Atlantic Giant I am growing. These pumpkins come from Howard Dill, easily reaching 100-1000 pounds (45kg-453kg). Good genetics. Will post pictures as they sprout.

Back