• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MiChris 2015 GLOG

Decided to become official and put my 2015 grow here. I learned a lot from the people on this site last year and had a decent grow despite having cool summer temperatures.

My plan for peppers this year are:

7 pot primo
Chocolate habanero
Bubblegum 7 pot
Yellow bhut jolokia
Caramel bhut jolokia
Infinity
Galapagos red habanero
CGN 21500
Bhut jolokia
Fatalii
White 7 pot
Brown moruga
Trinidad Scorpion
Red Butch T
Chocolate scorpion
MoA
Carolina reaper
White bullet habanero
Bahamian Goat
7 pot Jonah
Galapagos Red Habanero x CGN 21500

Red long hot (unknown pepper purchased from market)
Yellow long hot (unknown pepper purchased from market)
Oro de Equador
Hot Wax
Cayenne
Seranno
Aji Pineapple
Aji Lemon
2 different unknown Thai, seed gotten from locals
Pequin
Chinese 5 star
Bishops crown
Poblano
Pasilla Bajio
Green bell
Banana

This list may change at any time. The Chinense were mostly all planted Jan 1, 2015 with some after. The rest (mostly annuums and baccatums) I plan on starting 3/21/15.

My starting area...

4 banks of T8 bulbs, 6500K. Entire area wrapped in 1 mil plastic with mylar at the lower end with a removable front section. My second year using this, showing some wear and tear. This is set up in my basement and has a heat duct directed into it. With this system the constant temperature is between 80 to 85 degrees. There is fan blowing over the plants.

My potted peppers to date - 2/1/15:

I also created a Galapagos Red x CGN 21500 cross last year. I was able to germinate 17 plants and will be growing these out:

I started a thread on this cross here  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52843-galapagos-red-habanero-x-cgn-21500-cross/

Most of these peppers will be garden-grown with some growing in pots.

I hope to be able to post updates throughout what I hope is a very successful season.

Very nice set up and list you have there Chris.Interested on your hab cross along with your choc. naga viper.Good luck on your grow.

Sweet, good to see you got a glog going, following along to see how the cross does. Very pretty looking plant already. 

Weekly update. All plants are continuing to do well. The Galapagos red habanero x CGN 21500 cross continues to outpace the rest of my peppers.

Galapagos Red habanero x CGN 21500 Cross

All Chinense varieties

Plants continue to grow, the Galapagos Red Habanero x CGN 21500 cross still is outpacing the rest of the varieties from this year.

All Chinense Varieties 2/14/15

Galpagos Red Habanero x CGN cross plants

Weekly update, plants are continuing to grow strong, particularly the Galapagos red habanero x CGN 21500 cross. I will be potting this up tomorrow and this week.

All super-hots, note the size difference between the Galapagos red habanero x CGN 21500 cross (back row left plant) and the rest of the peppers, most of them planted at the same time or 1 week after this variety.

All 17 Galapagos red habanero x CGN 21500 crossed peppers

Weekly update. All plants growing well except maybe my fatalii. I repotted it last week and it shows some yellowing.

All Chinense Peppers

All 17 Galapagos Red habanero x CGN 21500 cross plants repotted.

Close up of buds on Galapagos Red Habanero x CGN 21500 Cross. I will be leaving them on this plant until they open just to be able to observe the flowers.

Isolated picture of cross plant #6

I'm growing the bubblegum and infinity seeds you sent me last year. The bubblegum in particular has been growing really well. Probably only picked a dozen ripe pods but the things are loaded with green ones ready to go.

Genetikx said:
I'm growing the bubblegum and infinity seeds you sent me last year. The bubblegum in particular has been growing really well. Probably only picked a dozen ripe pods but the things are loaded with green ones ready to go.
Great to hear, my bubblegum didn't do so well this year.

Back