•  

Photo

Sam & Oliver Sparks, Flare & Burst (dry spice labels)

Sam & Oliver samandoliver sam and oliver sam oliver spice label concept artwork review

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts
  • aka:Hot Sauce Guy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

I'm going to end up calling this:

The Hot Pepper Forum's
Everyday Spice Mixture

(graphic)

5oz

I want a cut of the royalties. Just sayin'

#122 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 48,891 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

I'm going to end up calling this:

The Hot Pepper Forum's
Everyday Spice Mixture

(graphic)

5oz

Harrrrrrrrrrrrr!

What is your gut telling you today? I am behind you no matter what it's called. I really like the way the sauces turned out, I have no doubt you'll do the same with the spices.

#123 Sam & Oliver

Sam & Oliver

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • aka:Kalitarios

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

Plot twist: Even though I'm only making 50 bottles at a time, I have to buy 1000 labels at a time.  I may have to find an alternative to the label production, and maybe print them myself.

I'll update soon.

Edit: clarified production type

Edited by Sam & Oliver, 06 February 2015 - 03:27 PM.

“Experience” is just another term for time that has passed since you figured out what not to do.

#124 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 14,789 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

Take your time and make sure the labels are right.  1000 might last you a few years, but you want them to look good and professional.  I don't remember what you're paying for roll stock, I think I'm at about $150 for the first 1000 with some set up charges, etc, and about $50 for every 1000 after that.  Last order I placed for 3 different labels (total of 6000) came to .084 cents per label. 

PS- really hoping you don't use "adobo" in the name.........

PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#125 Sam & Oliver

Sam & Oliver

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • aka:Kalitarios

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:41 AM

Using a 3x6" white gloss with overlaminate, rounded corner, #4 wind on roll:

$50 per plate (color)

$98 for 1000 (9.8 cents each)

$182 for 2000 (9.1 cents each)

So each variant will cost me $198 for 1000 plus shipping

This line is on hold temporarily as I try to figure this out logistically.  It's a nice "want to have" set of 3 spices, but I'm not entirely sure if I need to have it yet.  I have a BBQ sauce that people have been bugging me to make which will cost more, but that $600 (for labels) and production cost could go towards making the BBQ first.

“Experience” is just another term for time that has passed since you figured out what not to do.

#126 Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts
  • aka:Hot Sauce Guy

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

The downside to making so many over your requirement is, what happens if you want to change it? 

I've modified almost every one of my labels from batch to batch. This batch I'm re-making purple and taking "extra" off (it's not an "extra mild", it's a "mild") - fortunately I only had 50 or so labels left from my last run. I hate burning 50 labels, but that's only ~$5

1000 labels extra is a lot of waste if you find a mistake. And you might find something that isn't a mistake that you just need to change anyway.

Food for thought

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sam & Oliver, samandoliver, sam and oliver, sam, oliver, spice, label, concept, artwork, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests