• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheBuck78's Mighty Niagara Grow 2015

Well hello everyone! Here we go again. So last year was a great year for my peppers. I did over 200 plants and 57 varieties but ya know what.....that was just too much to handle. I made several sauces (still have 4 ferments to run), powders, dried pods, froze pods, you name it. I gave so many away as well. With that said I am cutting it back this year to 25 varieties across 35 plants. I am going to be more proficient with my plants. I want to grow some monsters! I will be growing many other things along with my peppers. I am big into green juices and smoothies so I am increasing that. I kind of voodoo grow as well. Some interesting plants and trees for my region.The weather totally sucks here in the Niagara area. Currently snowing and 25. This is the warmest its been in a while. I grow in raised beds and containers. Well on to my list.

Orange Congo
Red Congo
Black Congo
Yellow Congo
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Brain Strain
7Pot White
Carolina Reaper
Brazilian Ghost
Fatali
Red Fatali
Chocolate Fatali
7Pot Primo
7Pot Jonah
Red Bhut
Peach Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
Naga Morich
Butch T
Jalapeno
Thai
and sweets i haven't determined yet

I'm sure I will break down and add more. I plan to build another raised bed this year. I will be traveling to a tropical area this spring so I will be counting on my friend who has some experience to tend to my plants. If he does fail then Cross Country Nurseries here I come. I may still still order a few plants from them anyways. As for there are a couple of peppers that I really do want but I just haven't gotten around to getting (Buublegum, choc Butalah).

Well thanks for checking this out and I hope to entertain you folk. Thanks!!!

Good luck on your grow!nice list.Snowing and 25 wow that's a bit cold for me,kinda into upper 60's/lower 70's.
Good luck on your grow!nice list.Snowing and 25 wow that's a bit cold for me,kinda into upper 60's/lower 70's.

QUESTION:  What kind of raised bed setup do you have???

(I also live in the Niagara County area, and am looking to build some raised beds in my backyard sometime this year.)

Hey man! I have just simple bed that are 8 -12 inches high. Most of mine a 4x10 ft. I have a regular plot garden years ago so the soil below is rather fertile. I do a somewhat similar mix as to "Mel's mix" I just add a few other amenities. I am planning on getting my plants out by this coming Tuesday. I may have extra plants if you are in need.

TheBuck78 said:
Hey man! I have just simple bed that are 8 -12 inches high. Most of mine a 4x10 ft. I have a regular plot garden years ago so the soil below is rather fertile. I do a somewhat similar mix as to "Mel's mix" I just add a few other amenities.

Nice.  The soil in the area we plan on building our raised beds appears to be rather fertile too.  The raspberry bushes and weeds that grow there right now appear to thrive more than anywhere else in our backyard.  But due to slow drainage in that area during the spring thaw, raised beds are an absolute must.

I am planning on getting my plants out by this coming Tuesday. I may have extra plants if you are in need.

That would be awesome!  After paying for a new furnace, hot water tank, and re-doing the insulation in our house, we didn't have the money to get an indoor propagation setup going during the winter like we were originally planning.  So we're going to be very limited on what we do grow this year.

Yeah, the few days of 80+ degree weather we were blessed with only blinded us to the fact that WNY weather is prone to mood swings. =P

Back