• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Recommendations for slicing/sandwich tomato

2nd for Cherokee Purple, it's my very favorite slicer.  Also like Hillbilly, Brandywine, Mortgage Lifter and Abraham Lincoln for slicers.

Carbon, just about any Brandywine, Stump of the World, Dester, Neves Azorean, German Johnson, ad infinitum.

There really are so many heirlooms out there that are great slicers with wonderful flavor.

I hear Margaret Curtain and Limbaugh's Legacy should be added to the list. Will be trying these and other new ones in 2015.

Brandywine Pink. I havent had CP, but thats way up on lots of peoples lists with the one I just mentioned which is my personal favorite. Amish Paste I like better than Roma. It's a lot larger and slices more like a beefsteak type. Or it's good for sauces. Oxheart is another good one.

Big Beef. It's not an heirloom but it's been pretty indestructible for me. Makes really perfect globes that look amazing sliced and taste pretty good too. For heirlooms, Homestead -- I've read it described as "bulletproof" and I agree. Semi-determinate, early, doesn't mind heat or humidity much. I've also heard people RAVE about Cuostralee and I'm hoping this will be the year I get to try it!

Back