• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Chili and Cornbread Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
This is the 1st EVER chili TD on THP!

Chili and Cornbread!

This is not about competition-style chili, this is all about the comfort food that you love! Nobody defines your comfort food!
  • Make a pot of chili, anything goes with your chili. Beef, alternative meats, verde, and vegan/vegetarian welcome.
  • Make a cornbread from scratch to accompany the chili (no mixes, from scratch only). Your cornbread must be defined as a cornbread mixture before cooking, but can be cooked in any way. Cast iron, deep fried as fritters, even as a corndog. Unique shapes such as cornbread bowls, pockets welcome. And we are looking for creative cornbread here. Jalapeno, cheese, meats, but you guys can do better than that... let's see something original or simply undeniable.
Bottom line: Be traditional or creative with either! It's up to you how you want to play it.

Plating:
  • Chili must be presented in a cup or bowl preferably placed on a plate.
  • Cornbread element must be on the same plate or a separate plate.
  • Some of the chili must be spooned out in a thin layer on the cornbread side (or plate). This is to show all the bits and goodness in the chili, so it can be on the cornbread, under it, over it, or next to it. If chili is "in" the cornbread, we still need to see a thin layer.
IF there is more than one verde entry there will be a separate verde poll.
IF there is more than one vegan/vegetarian entry, there will be a separate v/v poll.

Please post your accurate (or ballparked if you must) measurements so these epic creations can be duplicated!

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
PoL: .55
5 final pics max.
ENDS SUNDAY 10:00 PM EST

BEGIN!

Nice.

JJJessee said:
I've got my beans soaking.
Cool man, good to see a first timer in this!

10968576_947617455271981_1339813933410945466_n.jpg

Please post your accurate (or ballparked if you must) measurements so these epic creations can be duplicated!

For everyone!

:)

I forgot add to add it to the top so did that and made a post. I wanted exact but since I added it later ballparked can work, but exact preferred.

The Hot Pepper said:
For everyone!

:)

I forgot add to add it to the top so did that and made a post. I wanted exact but since I added it later ballparked can work, but exact preferred.
Thanks, I don't have a lens that can capture the madness I am creating up in here :) I'll be posting all kinds of process pictures I suppose

With JHP's powders this is going to be good! Can't wait to see his chili mix.

Best of luck to all. We will see how this goes,not sure ill even be able to vote? Im not a fan of johny bread so its going to be hard for me to block that out but im going to give it a sailors try. Maybe I can just hold up a piece of paper blocking the johny bread,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back