• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting #1 ferment processed....

here it is... 3L ferment  habs, onion, carrot, roasted garlic, raspberry, sea salt and Riesling wine
20141031_234723.jpg

I went three months on the mash and processed
20150119_232215.jpg

Hot fill and invert, best rack in the house.... wait..... that ain't right
20150120_012756.jpg

Processed and on to the next....
20150120_023144.jpg

I'm not super happy with the sauce...I'm sure it has to do with the wine that I had used for my brine. The end product has a very strong vinegar hit! It tastes like tabasco's ugly step sister..... Im not a fan of that taste.

what would you guys do to cut the vinegar taste??

sorry for any neck pain!!

slingshot13 said:
here it is... 3L ferment  habs, onion, carrot, roasted garlic, raspberry, sea salt and Riesling wine
attachicon.gif
20141031_234723.jpg

I went three months on the mash and processed
attachicon.gif
20150119_232215.jpg

Hot fill and invert, best rack in the house.... wait..... that ain't right
attachicon.gif
20150120_012756.jpg

Processed and on to the next....
attachicon.gif
20150120_023144.jpg

I'm not super happy with the sauce...I'm sure it has to do with the wine that I had used for my brine. The end product has a very strong vinegar hit! It tastes like tabasco's ugly step sister..... Im not a fan of that taste.

what would you guys do to cut the vinegar taste??

sorry for any neck pain!!

Thanks for the honest assessment.  One guy told me that wine would not affect the flavor, but I still didn't use any.  Any raspberry in the flavor?

Roguejim said:

Thanks for the honest assessment.  One guy told me that wine would not affect the flavor, but I still didn't use any.  Any raspberry in the flavor?
I can't say that its the wine because it is my first ferment.  I'm just assuming because if you ferment grapes you get wine.... if you keep it going you get vinegar. (I think that's how it works)  I can't taste the raspberry in the sauce but I can in the powder I made from the tailings.   I used the raspberry because I was told that it would naturally thicken the sauce

Back