• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What's the best superhot for flavor??

I'm wondering what is the best super hot for flavour? I saw some you tube reviewer that some super hot were insanely hot and the flavour were not there. So what's your opinion for flavour?

Primo, Reaper, Brown Moruga, 7 Pot Jonah, TS Moruga, Brain Strain, etc. They're all good. Sometimes I like one more than another depending on what I'm eating it with.

I have limited experience compared to a lot of the folks on here, but reapers are very tasty in my opinion.

7 Pot orange, Yellow, and 7 Pot Choc Douglah for me.  Growing 7 Pot Jonah this year, have a feeling I will love them also!  

The Douglah makes crazy great powder, I put that on everything now. 

While not as hot as others my 2 favorite were Yellow Moruga and 7 pot brain strain yellow.  They were almost identical to me, might have been.  Next would be Reapers, 7P Jonah, 7P Primo, 7P Brown and Brown moruga.  I didn't like 7P SR and 7P Chaguanas, they tasted bitter and only got heat with no flavor.   

I enjoy the yellows and orange chilies like Scotch Bonnet MOA, 7pot Jonah, Fatalii. They have a sweet and slight citrus-y flavor that is delicious. I also enjoy Red Bhut Jolokias and 7pot Primo. They are quite versatile with and excellent flavor. I'm excited to grow the BOC and Yellow Primo this season. My Yellow Brainstrain didnt fare so well last season so it's being overwintered and got more seedlings going.

Yea i'm excited for the yellow primo and MOA bonnets this year... well i'm excited for a lot of the peppers i'm growing this year. So many new ones. Cumari do para, criolla sella, white fatalii  so many to look forward to. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     So far 7 pot burgundy is my favorite. Imagine you took a bite of english toffee right as somebody blasted you in the face with a 2x4. I also really like Reapers and TS CARDIs.
I really look forward to burgundy.  I have 2 different sources this year, hopefully at least one will be true.  The ones I had last year were anything but. They were some little scorpionish thing that was brutal hot and even more bitter.

For sauces or peppers themselves? I must say I have had some damn tasty reaper sauces lately. And I've had every (or nearly every) superhot as sauce, just not fresh. 

Thank you all, I doubt it I'm brave enough to eat them whole. :) I could purée and mix in my salad dressing, sauce for bbq, powder form, or mix in my marinade. I have tried jelly bean habanero..lol that was hot!! I felt the burning sensation at the tip of my tongue but it gradually dissipated.

My favorite last year for supers was the Caramel Moruga, excellent flavor and melt your face off, the powder is amazing. Yellow 7 close behind.
Less hot, peach bhut was really nice. Bahamian goat is always good, sb7j another good one.

My favorite overall are Naga Morich or Dorset Nagas to me its a great balance of heat and flavor. Not quite as hot as the super dupers but after 1mill scoville the taste is fleeting anyways. 

jcw10tc said:
While not as hot as others my 2 favorite were Yellow Moruga and 7 pot brain strain yellow.  They were almost identical to me, might have been.  Next would be Reapers, 7P Jonah, 7P Primo, 7P Brown and Brown moruga.  I didn't like 7P SR and 7P Chaguanas, they tasted bitter and only got heat with no flavor.
I agree, I can't tell the difference between Moruga yellow (SLP) and brainstrain Yellow (PL), either. Both huge plants, unusually big peppers, same great flavour and a notch below superhot.

Back to OP. For fresh peppers, 7 pots have different flavour to bhuts/nagas, and many people find that different colour peppers have distinctively different taste: red more "true" pepper flavour, yellow more citrusy, brown more smoky. You will have to grow them all to find the one that you like the best!

Back