• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Chili and Cornbread Throwdown

Chili and Cornbread

• Essegi - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53006-begin-chili-and-cornbread-throwdown/?p=11139

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53006-begin-chili-and-cornbread-throwdown/?p=11

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who won this epic battle of Chili and Cornbread?!

Normal 48 hour poll + 24 for additional category.

72 hour poll!

The challenge was:

This is not about competition-style chili, this is all about the comfort food that you love! Nobody defines your comfort food!
  • Make a pot of chili, anything goes with your chili. Beef, alternative meats, verde, and vegan/vegetarian welcome.
  • Make a cornbread from scratch to accompany the chili (no mixes, from scratch only). Your cornbread must be defined as a cornbread mixture before cooking, but can be cooked in any way. Cast iron, deep fried as fritters, even as a corndog. Unique shapes such as cornbread bowls, pockets welcome. And we are looking for creative cornbread here. Jalapeno, cheese, meats, but you guys can do better than that... let's see something original or simply undeniable.
Bottom line: Be traditional or creative with either! It's up to you how you want to play it.

Vote accordingly!

Awesome job by all!

This one is going to take me a while. A few definitely stood out, but I gotta read through more carefully before voting.  I think someone should get a tiny trophy for this one!

FD came along and solved what would have been a hard choice for me between JHP and Sum, by doing exactly what I wanted to do in the first place - and didn't.

Also, I'd like to have an FD thread sometime before the next TD ...

I don't want to act like I can keep everyone's entries in my mind while selecting a couple of things to praise, I can't ... but Sum and JHP's pictures, and I think maybe Husker's too, were great ...

Essegi had top contenders in my mind ...

I'm sure I'm not recalling everyone's stuff, as I was kind of preoccupied myself ...

I don't be knowing about rabbit, deer, or bison (yet) ...
I wonder what Danielle will require for a booster vote? LOL ...

JayT said:
Yeah...  Those guys..

Sum going for the cheap vegetarian crown.  Pfffft.   :lol:

Oh, YES, you did!

I'm gonna have HotStuff strangle you in your sleep.
I'd also like to edit my veg post with 2 chopped New Mexs and 1 orange bell, chopped... I forgot, but that happened.

#givepookieabreakdammit

Gadget, you know they have deer in FL don't you?  I can't believe you don't know anyone or anywhere down there that you can get some.

JayT said:
Gadget, you know they have deer in FL don't you?  I can't believe you don't know anyone or anywhere down there that you can get some.

Yeah, I've never pulled the trigger on it ... it's around though, yes ...
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I'll come down and kill then clean them for him!

I'd like my first venison to be bow-hunted, too ... when you take one down w/ a bow next, i'll buy some meat/dry ice/overnight ;)
JayT said:
I'll join you if he let's me play with all of his gadgets.

welcome whenever ...

grantmichaels said:

Yeah, I've never pulled the trigger on it ... it's around though, yes ...

I'd like my first venison to be bow-hunted, too ... when you take one down w/ a bow next, i'll buy some meat/dry ice/overnight ;)

welcome whenever ...
I killed with a bow this year if you are serious I'll be shipping you some in October when the season comes in for Va or in Sept for DE. I plan to tag out this year. I give away about 100 pounds a year :) 

JayT said:
Heh, he has a ton of it in his freezer right now.  

Sum you always promised to take me on a manatee hunt.  That and the potato gun.  One of these days I am gonna show up.
Hell we both should and hunt some deer with a bow and maybe some pigs! 

Phil that corn bowl was awesome looking. I really wanted to see you break off a piece so I could see if it was soft or as hard as a cookie. Either way I could picture it still tasting good.

I haven't even begun to delve into this so that's an off the cuff comment. Overwhelming! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back