• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Pumpkins 2015

Pumpkins anyone? Share your growlist if you like.
For me it will be something like this:

Kakai x3
huskless x1
Butternut x2
mucate de provence
hokkaido x2
giant pumpkin x1
australian butter x1
new england pie x1
white swan acorn x1
patison x3
bottle gourd x1

Jack Be LIttle, Cinderella (PIE!), and a standard hybrid-type I'd have to go look at the packet for. Basically your standard jack'o'lantern type.

My space is a bit small for rampant pumpkin and melon vines and they don't seem to like the heat much here anyway. Plus we have two squash vine borer seasons. But hope springs eternal and I will be starting them soonish.

For now, I am sure to do

Soncatök
Chestnut Bush
Australian Bohemian
Fruit candy Champagne ''Pastila-Champagne Vanilje''

and I still have place for 5 or 6 more. I have to look my seed stock to grow the older one I have in stock.

reader said:
These all sound like such fun varieties!  The "Pastila-Champagne Vanilje" especially! 
eemnemaailm is the only supplier that I know to retail those seeds,. sorry for those who would have liked to order I had the last pack available  :party:
http://www.seemnemaailm.ee

'Pastila-Champagne Vanilje'

ellipse elongated pink! exceptional taste (the ability to use it as fresh and processed fruit) and nice vanilla flavor. The flesh is bright orange, almost fills the interior (seed room is small), dense, crunchy and a wonderful aroma. Fruit weight 2-3 kg .. Suitable for the preparation of fresh salads, stews, juices.
9026_tykva_pastila.jpg

I will isolate them and will have seeds to share

Vanilla flavor! In a pumpkin!

If you weren't literally an entire country away I'd camp on your doorstep until seed sharing season! As it is, I will wait patiently, secure in the knowledge that you probably don't have two squash vine borer seasons and will no doubt actually have a harvest, unlike me. :rofl:

I bet that will be amazing made into pies. Or baked into oatmeal. Or baked into oatmeal cake. I can think of about a million ways to use a pumpkin that tastes of vanilla!

reader said:
Vanilla flavor! In a pumpkin!

If you weren't literally an entire country away I'd camp on your doorstep until seed sharing season! As it is, I will wait patiently, secure in the knowledge that you probably don't have two squash vine borer seasons and will no doubt actually have a harvest, unlike me. :rofl:

I bet that will be amazing made into pies. Or baked into oatmeal. Or baked into oatmeal cake. I can think of about a million ways to use a pumpkin that tastes of vanilla!
Never had the vine borer yet. I will remember to tell you when the first squash be ready, I'll keep you seeds

adding those to my list

Candy Roaster melons
Rascal F1
sweet meat
sweet meat
Rainbow

I do grow some in 1 gal container just to have mini squash for decoration
img1268z.jpg

here I have Australian butter, Blue kuri, Buttercup, Hidemi, Potimaron, Red kuri, Rouge vif d'etampe, Stella blue Hokkaido,Table Acorn, White acorn, Zolotaya Grusha (Golden Pear)

floricole said:

9026_tykva_pastila.jpg

I will isolate them and will have seeds to share

count me in :D

i just ordered like 10 or more heirloom varieties so i'll probasably have some interesting seeds as well.

floricole said:
adding those to my list

Candy Roaster melons
Rascal F1
sweet meat
sweet meat
Rainbow

I do grow some in 1 gal container just to have mini squash for decoration
img1268z.jpg

here I have Australian butter, Blue kuri, Buttercup, Hidemi, Potimaron, Red kuri, Rouge vif d'etampe, Stella blue Hokkaido,Table Acorn, White acorn, Zolotaya Grusha (Golden Pear)
So cute!!

New ones i got:

[SIZE=medium]Amish pie[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Silver edge [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Guatemalan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Butternut orange[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Butternut Tahitian[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Butternut Pa dutch crookneck[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Melonette jaspee de vendee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Lakota[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Long island cheese[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]whangaparaoa crown[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]north Georgia candy roaster[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]musquee d’ancenis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]And some rare Russian/Ukrainian originated:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Moravka[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]chersonskaya[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]No way i have place for all those so there is some decisions to be made :/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

serrano said:
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]No way i have place for all those so there is some decisions to be made :/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

This is my problem with squash ( and pepper) won't have enough summer in my life to try all what I want 
cry.gif

good one I did grow from Russia
Sdobnaya Pyshka, Choudo Iudo, 

how long do pumpkin seeds stay viable? i'd guess around 3 years. maybe i'll get to grow all of them in 3 seasons :)

serrano said:
how long do pumpkin seeds stay viable? i'd guess around 3 years. maybe i'll get to grow all of them in 3 seasons :)
from 3 à 10 years but I keept max 5 years. Some times I do more seedling to have 1 plant for sure with seeds that have more then 3 years.

Back