vendor Crazy Hot Seeds

https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/

logo.png

This should be interesting, as I bought three Reaper and 3x "Chocolate Bhutlah" plants from this vendor the other night, having clicked through AJDrew's website ...

They had a (727) area code for a phone number, and the pictures on their Facebook page seemed "nice" ...

Basically they have to be St. Pete/Clearwater, FL or so, so they can't be too far away ...

The site says they are certified by the state ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/us/

The return policy is acceptable ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/return-policy/

Their policies seem appropriate ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/privacy-policy/

I don't think I'm aware of them as being a THP member, but it looks like there's some drama elsewhere on the net, where they might not be selling legit chocolate bhutlah - we'll see about that soon enough, I guess.

I'm starting some seeds myself, anyways, but I was happy to pick up a couple of plugs to have fresh pods sooner than later since I haven't been able to source any yet, still ...

I bought their Top 10 seed bundle w/ the half-dozen plants, because I only had the TS and Reaper seeds from that list already, so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out ...

Yeah, I wanted to reinforce that I start at all, and the easiest way to do that was to play a half-dozen plugs and get my hands in the dirt ...

If I don't form the habit while the notion is 'hot,' I coulde easily just get into something else altogether ...

Shipping origin is Palm Harbor, so I imagine they'll be here tomorrow ...

;)

meinchoh said:
I'm hoping that this isn't a former member, starting a spin-off business from his primary one. Most of us know who he is...

Ordered for the lulz ...
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Word, let me know if you need me to start some extra plants from my seed stock, could be ish or the real deal...I am not a seed guy

I'm still interested in buying your bonchi at the end of the season ...

Just cut the balls down and send 'em down and I'll give them the FL retirement life they deserve ...

I swear I'm going to make an auction site for bonchi, so the northern folks can sell their prizes monsters at the end of the season to us folks who live where it's almost perennial ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Ok, watch my grow this season and anything you want is yours...

Sweet! I'm going to plan yours in my backyard in the other spaces ...

I still want to make the site for other people to use, but at least now I don't have to worry about if I don't make the site ... cause I'm using *YOURS, anyways! LOL ...

PS - If I had a serious grow I'd think twice about taking a bunch of other people's dirt and soil etc, but I'll happily take yours ;)

I don't understand why you would risk getting seeds from a little known company. When you've been here long enough to know who the real seed purveyors are?  :shame:

I have seeds, what prompted me to order was wanting live plants ... and not wanting to wait until CCN ships. I checked in w/ Sadistic and Wicked Mike before looking around, and sic's posted plants were gone before I could order.

This follows being unsuccessful in trying to buy pods for well over a month now ...

Also, do you blame me for seeking plants from as short a distance away as possible?

In HINDSIGHT I don't have a solid vibe, certainly, in poking around on the internet this evening ...

But, we'll see some plants tomorrow, I guess ...

I didn't know it was a newcomer until after the fact, and in fact figured since ajdrew was so busy minding other people's P's and Q's - that they must be legit, or he'd have already written an expose here ...

I guess we'll see what comes!

* http://thehotpepper.com/index.php?/topic/52225-Wanted%3A-SFRB-Butch-T%27s

Yeah, he posted it after ... I saw that ... the forum ads have been empty in the upper right ...

I'm probably the best person to have ordered.

It won't affect my 'season' if they're bunk and I know Paypal is an absolute bitch for seller's ...

Hmmm. First thing that jumped out at me on that site was that they seem to be using a lot of stock photos taken off the internet to advertise their product. It might not mean anything, but it makes me wonder. If you are a commercial pepper grower, shouldn't you have your own pepper pictures to put on your site? This just seems a little off to me. But I hope that I am wrong, and that these guys really come through for you. Good luck, and please let us know how it works out.

Hi Grant and THP. I guess we haven't been formally introduced to the forum. Crazy Hot Seeds is a small backyard nursery specializing in the world's hottest peppers. We sell seeds and live plants. As Jamison said, we are a little more expensive than some and on par with others. It is hard to compete with larger seed companies. I try to compensate with exceptional customer support, fast shipping, and quality seeds.

We are definitely not new to the pepper seed business, started around late 2011 and have been growing supers for over 8 years. Initially I didn't advertise or post on THP since I wanted to focus on the company and build a client base. As time passed, I knew we could survive without constantly posting ads saying BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS. Not a full review, but we have been brought up before http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32557-crazyhotseedscom/ Over the years we have had thousands of happy customers.

As for the Chocolate Bhutlah, it is our cross between a Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and a Douglah. INSANELY HOT. We are currently on F5 generation; so very stable. We are going after the world's hottest title, as is everyone else (not with chocolate bhutlah, a different cross I've been experimenting with). I believe steven's Bhutlah is a cross between red bhut jolokia and a douglah with a trinidad scorpion mixed somewhere in there.

I urge you to grow out our Chocolate Bhutlah and post your results here. 

David

as for ajdew, I have never spoken to him in any form on or off this forum. Whatever links he placed on his website is of his own free will.

Crazy Hot Seeds said:
Hi Grant and THP. I guess we haven't been formally introduced to the forum. Crazy Hot Seeds is a small backyard nursery specializing in the world's hottest peppers. We sell seeds and live plants. As Jamison said, we are a little more expensive than some and on par with others. It is hard to compete with larger seed companies. I try to compensate with exceptional customer support, fast shipping, and quality seeds.

We are definitely not new to the pepper seed business, started around late 2011 and have been growing supers for over 8 years. Initially I didn't advertise or post on THP since I wanted to focus on the company and build a client base. As time passed, I knew we could survive without constantly posting ads saying BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS. Not a full review, but we have been brought up before http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32557-crazyhotseedscom/ Over the years we have had thousands of happy customers.

As for the Chocolate Bhutlah, it is our cross between a Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and a Douglah. INSANELY HOT. We are currently on F5 generation; so very stable. We are going after the world's hottest title, as is everyone else (not with chocolate bhutlah, a different cross I've been experimenting with). I believe steven's Bhutlah is a cross between red bhut jolokia and a douglah with a trinidad scorpion mixed somewhere in there.

I urge you to grow out our Chocolate Bhutlah and post your results here. 

David

as for ajdew, I have never spoken to him in any form on or off this forum. Whatever links he placed on his website is of his own free will.
You could always contribute to the forum with some pictures or grow tips or a grow log if you don't want to just be like " BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS".

sirex said:
You could always contribute to the forum with some pictures or grow tips or a grow log if you don't want to just be like " BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS BUY SEEDS".

Very true and this was the plan all along. Running a seed business and nursery takes an IMMENSE amount of work. I commend those here who can do it all. I will definitely make more of an effort to make a presence here.

Today and tomorrow's time will be dedicated to frost prevention. Florida is looking at its' first frost advisory of the year for the next two nights.

Back