• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

† † † Wafflebum's summer of Pubes † † †

Hello ladies and germs glad to be back for another growing season. Most seeds have been started, just waiting on a few last minute deliveries from the post man to complete the list.  I will post some pics when things start to get going.  :cheers:

This years seed selection:

Caramel Moruga
BBG7 chocolate
Caramel Moruga x BBG7
7 pod orange X
UBSC chocolate # 1
Peach Bhut
Pink Tiger- KD
Pink Tiger- Jamison
Red Rocoto #1 Lima market
Red Rocoto #2 Lima market
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto CAP 217
Rocoto Aji Largo
Rocopica
Yellow manzano- clones from "The Beast"
Serrano Tampiqueno
Maui Purple
Nocturne
Pimiento Piquillo
Aji Piura
CAP 455

added these to the above:

PI 355812
CGN 21566
CGN 2150XXX
CAP 521
Billy Goat
Hot Rod Serrano
Red MoA 
Large orange thai

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great season. 

BBG7 chocolate should be incredible to say the least!  Nice list...I keep waiting for someone to talk about the BBG7 yellow but then again I have only heard rumors of it...

BrooksideSuperHots said:
BBG7 chocolate should be incredible to say the least!  Nice list...I keep waiting for someone to talk about the BBG7 yellow but then again I have only heard rumors of it...
Wouldn't surprise me if there is a yellow pheno. I think we will see some really cool things come out of the BBG7 line.

Pfeffer said:
Nice list : -) did my seeds make it to you yet?

The ones for PA, CA, WA, TN and FL all came through already.

Hi Ted thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately the seeds you sent have not arrived yet, crossing my fingers they show up safe and sound. I am really looking forward to growing them, all the best.  

pink tiger  :party:
20150223_075932_zpsncngsu5g.jpg

Glad to see you're off and running buddy! I started a few days after you did, but we'll pull even at the finish I bet... ;)  Good luck with your grow this season, and especially the pubes. It looks like you're planting quite a few.

stickman said:
Glad to see you're off and running buddy! I started a few days after you did, but we'll pull even at the finish I bet... ;)  Good luck with your grow this season, and especially the pubes. It looks like you're planting quite a few.
Thanks Rick!. yes summer of the pubes here, can't wait to try some different varieties. Yellow manzano I am growing is from clones I took from my large plant I had last year, hope they set/ripen fruit early. 

ronniedeb said:
Best of luck for the season. Look forward to following your glog!
Thank you, and best of luck to you as well! 

Trident chilli said:
Best of luck with your grow this season ... I am also growing UBSC - brown ... very fast growth
The seeds I grew last year from pic1 were awesome. I selected one plant that showed a distinct lighter color pod from the rest of the plants. Hope it comes out in the seeds I planted this year. 

Pfeffer said:
Hm I'm starting to loose my faith if the seeds didn't come through yet : -(

same here.  I will PM you and let you know if they ever show up. all the best this season

just a quick update most seeds are up except rocopica white. and I decided to scrap the regular bbg7 to make room for other stuff. I added the following varieties to my list above and that's the final. 

PI 585273
PI 355812
CGN 21566
CGN 2150XXX
CAP 521
Billy Goat
Hot Rod Serrano 
Red MoA
large orange thai

Runescape said:
sure it is lol...

How's your experience been w/ the rocotos? Ive heard that theyre kind of a pain in the ass...what w/ flower dropping and all...
Last year was my first year growing pubes and they did great here. I harvested over 10 dozen peppers from one plant. That was a yellow manzano. I took clones from that plant that I am growing again this year. Hope all the other pube varieties I'm growing this year do as well. Growing from clone should help set/ripen fruit earlier on the manzano.

And your right about the list. That's only the seeds I've started. My buddy will bring me some jalapeño varieties and a few other random things when it's ready for planting.

Ok small update, everyone know's what pepper seedlings look like but the pink tigers are looking sexy and I was doing some re-potting today  :P

Pink tigers in solo cups were re-potted last week seed from kingDenniz, smaller PT's being re-potted today are from Jamison. 
20150316_123000_zps0cjjzqn9.jpg

20150316_123116_zpsqbqo1qnk.jpg

all of these were re-potted today
20150316_123052_zpstjaxcttf.jpg

Here is something kinda cool. If anyone remembers my giant yellow manzano I grew last year, these are clones from clones I took last fall. I was just messing around and took a couple of cutting's off one of my plants I was trimming back two weeks ago.  Nothing was done other then place them in some water by the window, as you can see if you look close they are starting to push out roots. 
20150316_123429_zpspe4u7ao0.jpg

20150316_123513_zpsymdhnmsa.jpg

and a wing shot. maple brine then smoked. 
wings_zpsqpriqy3a.jpg

Back