Been around for a few days now...

... and already I have gotten some free seeds, entered a competition, and read through a good portion of everything thats been going on here recently.  I have to say, I belong to many forums on many different topics.  This group of people seems to be a great community!  I really look forward to getting to know many of you.  I also really like the way this forum is ran compared to others I am on.  Most are over moderated IMO.  This place just seems relaxed.  So props to the admins/mods as well as the general populace! 

As for a little info on me...  I was just medically retired from the Army this December after 13 years of service, including 4 year+ long deployments to Iraq.  I live in the Savannah region.  Hopefully that will give me a nice grow season, although it does get pretty hot and humid here.

I also enjoy saltwater aquariums.  I have a pretty vast knowledge on lighting systems because of this hobby.  Not to say I know everything, but I can at least contribute some first hand knowledge even if it wasn't used with growing peppers. 

I am also a big beer and coffee snob.  I just started homebrewing, and have been a home roaster for quite some time.

I love to scuba dive, drive anything fast, and do lots of r/c related vehicles as well.  Ya, I have way to many hobbies for my paycheck... lol

Scuba_Steve said:
... and already I have gotten some free seeds, entered a competition, and read through a good portion of everything thats been going on here recently.  I have to say, I belong to many forums on many different topics.  This group of people seems to be a great community!  I really look forward to getting to know many of you.  I also really like the way this forum is ran compared to others I am on.  Most are over moderated IMO.  This place just seems relaxed.  So props to the admins/mods as well as the general populace! 

As for a little info on me...  I was just medically retired from the Army this December after 13 years of service, including 4 year+ long deployments to Iraq.  I live in the Savannah region.  Hopefully that will give me a nice grow season, although it does get pretty hot and humid here.

I also enjoy saltwater aquariums.  I have a pretty vast knowledge on lighting systems because of this hobby.  Not to say I know everything, but I can at least contribute some first hand knowledge even if it wasn't used with growing peppers. 

I am also a big beer and coffee snob.  I just started homebrewing, and have been a home roaster for quite some time.

I love to scuba dive, drive anything fast, and do lots of r/c related vehicles as well.  Ya, I have way to many hobbies for my paycheck... lol

Hi Scuba Steve. I'm pretty sure I remember you from one my many other forums. I assume one the reefing ones like nano-reef

D3monic said:

Hi Scuba Steve. I'm pretty sure I remember you from one my many other forums. I assume one the reefing ones like nano-reef

I have never spent much time on nano-reef.  I have read plenty of posts there, but never contributed.  I spend most of my time on reefcentral as well as local club forums though.

SmokenFire said:
You'll fit in here just fine SS!  Welcome from Chicago

Thank you, I hope so.  It really seems like you need a sense of humor to make it here, and I'm a pretty big smart ass...  I'm originally from Chicago btw, and have most of my family in the region still.  Hope your enjoying the weather... I'm surely not missing it!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone!

Back