• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Anyone else have fun sharing their peppers???

As soon as the 1st peppers become eatable. the fun at work starts. And as the season progresses the fun expands. No one has even seen some of what I grow before so its a new experience for them. They are learning to not go by smell alone.
I have even heard stories of some of my peppers that went home for a weekend party. I get a kick even hearing the story second party. One coworker makes nacho platters with jalapeno, chocolate habanero, chocolate devils tongue and brown moruga with the heat increasing from one end of the platter to the other. As he tells it, every once in a while someone stops paying attention and takes from the wrong end. Needless to say, he is beginning to get a reputation for his nacho/poker parties.

Its a good way to get rid of old milk too.

There is one coworker that will eat any pod I have brought in so far along with his lunch. He wont eat one straight up, but he will if he has food. And he dont exhibit any telltale signs that he just ate a super hot pepper. Would love to bring in one of those yellow pods Mr Hill has. he might sing a different tune then.

Starting to get a reputation in the neighborhood amongst the Hispanics too. Some of them are getting reluctant to just bite a pod without first checking the expression on my face. I guess they are looking for some tell tail signs of wanton expectation.

I enjoy sharing mine with my old man. He has chilis in his garden too but this year he's getting all my super hot culls. Been bugging him to get his green house up so I can send them over to him i'm tired of housing them. I gave him a bunch of pods last fall from some box orders I got. 

He makes some killer mango hab salsa. 

I brought a red moruga in this past fall. I just quartered a single pod. Me and three Hispanic co-workers all grabbed a quarter and chomped down. The older man starts coughing and smiling with sweat already forming. The younger two try to tough it out but it quickly overcomes them. About 5 minutes in, all four of us are curled up with our heads on the table praying for it to be over while everybody else laughs.

I had brought in bhuts and ghost scorpions during the weeks prior and we all loved them. After the moruga they refuse to take anything I offer. Good times.

With a much bigger variety this year I can't wait to bring in my guinea pigs near and far. My dad said we gotta sit down one weekend and try one of each variety so we can know what to make with/out of them. I just laughed at him. He has no idea what he's in for, but it's gonna be one hell of a weekend

twilliams386 said:
I brought a red moruga in this past fall. I just quartered a single pod. Me and three Hispanic co-workers all grabbed a quarter and chomped down. The older man starts coughing and smiling with sweat already forming. The younger two try to tough it out but it quickly overcomes them. About 5 minutes in, all four of us are curled up with our heads on the table praying for it to be over while everybody else laughs.

I had brought in bhuts and ghost scorpions during the weeks prior and we all loved them. After the moruga they refuse to take anything I offer. Good times.

With a much bigger variety this year I can't wait to bring in my guinea pigs near and far. My dad said we gotta sit down one weekend and try one of each variety so we can know what to make with/out of them. I just laughed at him. He has no idea what he's in for, but it's gonna be one hell of a weekend
wanna have a little fun with him? copy my grow list and send it to him and ask him, Think we can geter done?

CAPCOM said:
As soon as the 1st peppers become eatable. the fun at work starts.

Oh hell yeah... I will toy with em' bringing in the mild stuff first and once they start talking about how I 'must be taking it easy this year' or say 'it could be hotter...' I BRING THE HEAT!  :hell:   

Last year I brought in 6+ batches of salsa a week for the entire harvest season in a determination to find the best peppers.  Unfortunately those who know me won't try a pepper straight up, not at work at least.  Some times a new person that thinks they like hot stuff will come down and learn the new definition of hot.  There is a good amount of people from India and SE Asia where I work.  They usually think that no one in the states would make something as hot as they are used to.  They usually are quite surprised.  Most like it though as typically I am more about a tasty salsa than a brutally hot one.  But sometimes with superhots its unavoidable to make it damn hot.  I probably gave away 5000+ pods at work last year.  Some days would take in 2 grocery sacks full.  I just didn't have the time or energy to process them.  Plan to freeze more this year.  Fortunately I have a handful of people that really like them and do their own powders.  One guy does all kinds of stuff including making an arthritic cream with coconut oil and other stuff with them.

I hear ya on the unintentional hot. I made a batch of hotsauce with a bunch of BOC, some jays peach scorps and ect. Was too damn hot to even taste test. I tried and tried and couldn't dilute it enough to be edible. 

I gave the 64 year old owner of my job some peach and chocolate bhuts and a red moruga the other day. She said she likes spicy food and didn't believe I grew anything that hot. She was a great sport about it, but she was suffering. ;)

oh yeah ! love to hear them brag about how they eat the hottest pepper and love them n.p. ! and i ask what would that be ? and they say ghost . so i brought in some butch t's for them to eat , bout had one guy pass out at work from eating eat ! lmao . i warned him it wasn't no ghost .        :onfire:

My wife has a girlfriend at work who loves them whole.  I am always sending her anything new.  But mostly I trade jams and sauce with the folk there.  It's great in the fall because I never know what is coming home from one day to the next.  Someone sent me some simple jalapeno jam last year that about floored me.  Seemed way, way too hot to be jalapeno.

Now I taste before I dig in.

We have a bunch of folks in the drafting department at work who claim to like spicy food, so I brought them some yellow moruga powder. After it was sampled, their supervisor locked it up in his desk and rations it out when it's requested.... he's afraid it will fall into the wrong hands and be used for a campaign of prank terror...lol. He treats it like sarin gas!

Here's my normal pepper related interaction at work:

Me - "Here, try this"
Coworker - "Kiss my ass! I don't trust you!"

Phil said:
We have a bunch of folks in the drafting department at work who claim to like spicy food, so I brought them some yellow moruga powder. After it was sampled, their supervisor locked it up in his desk and rations it out when it's requested.... he's afraid it will fall into the wrong hands and be used for a campaign of prank terror...lol. He treats it like sarin gas!

Here's my normal pepper related interaction at work:

Me - "Here, try this"
Coworker - "Kiss my ass! I don't trust you!"
I have people hooked on yellow moruga powder at work.  Thats probably my favorite plain non smoked or mixed powder along with yellow brain strain which is nearly identical.  I really love it on Thai and Chinese, but it works on almost everything.   I like how it provides a nice but not insance bump in the heat without drastically changing the existing taste of the food too much.

i put some morugas by my pot of chili at work and said take them if you want.

couple people took a bite of the peppers and died. rip. i'm posting this from jail.

but really they ate them and tried to hold their composure and sat there quietly(crying on the inside), ended up getting up to get more drink. They couldn't finish the rest of their lunch because the pepper tore them up lol. Then the next day one of them asked me for more, haha the chili drug.

Wife's ChiliHead girlfriend at work had a birthday.  My job is to come up with gifts.  Last fall, I dosed her with candied and dried Savina.  She munched on them, puked, munched on them, puked.  Have a freezer full of super hots from last year,also some dried stuff, trying to think of something to top the candied Savina.  Thinking granola bars from hell.

ajdrew said:
Wife's ChiliHead girlfriend at work had a birthday.  My job is to come up with gifts.  Last fall, I dosed her with candied and dried Savina.  She munched on them, puked, munched on them, puked.  Have a freezer full of super hots from last year,also some dried stuff, trying to think of something to top the candied Savina.  Thinking granola bars from hell.
Jello hot shots

shared a ghost pep with my dad didnt tell him what it was, he found out really fast it wasnt a regular pepper

Back