• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DotCom's 2015 Glog

Thought I'd get my seeds selected & Glog started.

Heres what I have in mind so far:

Assam
Douglah (3rd attempt is a charm ;) )
7-Pot Merlot
Bhut Jolokia Red
Naga Viper
7-Pot Primo (2nd attempt is a charm)
Devil's Tongue
JA Hot Chocolate

Will prolly add 1-3 more types depending on germination rates.

The two that I have not been able to sucessfully grow? I have a better batch of seeds this time I think (fingers crossed ;) )

Meanwhile, outside my window. My "state fair"  :P  grow pots and my re-purposed tomato cages:

16604610345_198664a944_z.jpg

Snow!!!looks good we don't get snow in Los Angeles area.Hope you have better luck with germination this time around.oh and cool varieties.Yeah try some pubescent yellow manzanos are great!

You'd probably order some live plants... I can't imagine you having enough time to get any fruit this year growing those on your balcony.

Got 2 bhut jolokia red and two 7-pot  merlot hooks plus another couple of mystery sprouts. Sadly, the seeds of the medium hot variety that a local friend from Trinidad gave me have not sprouted.

As Charles suggests plenty of time to purchase some mature plants along side your new loops ... C. Chinenese varieties take a while to mature and unless grown under artificial light they struggle to push on early growth until the warmer weather arrives ... all the very best for your grow

plant menagerie update. Thought my JA Hot Chocolates weren't sprouting (like last season) but I was getting too impatient. There are 3 barely perceptible hooks right near the surface of the pellet.So heres the rundown:

2 7-pot merlot sprouts
1 mystery  super hot sprout (from the list but my germination technique was wrong in the beginning so I had to start over and didn't bother labelling as I wasn't sure they would germinate as well)
2 mystery sprouts (see above)
3 mystery sprouts (Ibid)
3 red bhut jolokia

no luck w/ the Assams yet as I do have them labelled.

hope some are either primos, vipers, or douglahs.

17359947816_5aedf060e0_c.jpg

Sounds like you are getting some good germination rates there bro ... And judging from that last picture it looks like the Sun is out and the snow is gone ... Great stuff!

Trippa said:
Sounds like you are getting some good germination rates there bro ... And judging from that last picture it looks like the Sun is out and the snow is gone ... Great stuff!
thanks. Yeah. Its only a week but it seems like forever for them to sprout. Once they sprout, then they get more vigor and grow like crazy.

update:

seedlings were coming along slow so I put them under a grow light. Put most on the balcony a few days ago. I know my plants might be considered behind schedule but I'm on no schedule

7- Pot Merlot

18352596055_24c748f840_z.jpg

J A Hot Chocolate (you can see one seedling came up and died and another just sprouted 7 weeks after sowing :shocked:  ):

18166419779_f83b776e97_z.jpg

two unknowns but are still from the list:

18326160936_dc49b1e937_z.jpg

Assam that is the only seedling to survive out of 4 or so. Still have it indoors under the light:

18354295791_b16e007437_z.jpg

I think they were stunted being indoors as its too cold for them to flourish. Now that I have them outside, I expect they will flourish. They turn a deep green outside.

pretty much all hardened-off now w/ just two smaller ones left under my smaller grow light. Took apart the 4 ft grow light because it was over kill for two plants and the bulb burned out. Still got all of June, July, August, etc... to grow outside

18283107879_d725409d41.jpg

looks like my solitary hot chocolate (middle back row) might make it and the plant in the far back right was dying but once put outside, looks like it might survive. 7-Pot Merlot on far left. They're taking on the deep lush green color that goes along w/ being outdoors now. Be glad when the sun reappears. We've had a solid 3-6 days of rain.

Plants coming right along:

18218965973_fc18869f72.jpg

bought some "in-ground" dirt by mistake and used it. Next time will get the "potting mix" variety and mix them. This dirt seems denser & consequently less aeration?

Yup. Most bagged "soil" you can find needs some perlite or coarse vermiculite mixed in to drain/aerate like a "potting mix."

That said, your plants look great so far.

Back