• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Manly scents?

What are some scents you consider manly?

Preferably a single smell or smells.

I'll tell you why later.

Musk?

"Musk is a name that originally designated a strong-smelling brownish substance secreted by the male of the musk deer of the genus Moschus. Each of the adult male representatives of this animal species has a musk gland that lies in a sac positioned between the genitals and the umbilicus, and secretes powerful pheromones used to attract mates."

Danielle seems to be affected towards the smell of GoJo or Lava (soap), or even like Irish Spring etc ...

I hate the smell of Drakar (sp?), but I would say it's smell is common to a vast selection of dudes ...

The smell of Cupids gymnasium on you. :)

The smell on your stash or beard that smells like another woman's hoo haaa.

Makes woman jealous and men admire you as far as scents go for whatever reason. :)

Colognes only are to cover up nasty smells in general to make you seem more attractive or?

I'd guess musk from the  right source would be more on spot as far as why anyone would use it,Male or Female.

A lady I once lived with used a couple types of musk,because it was the thing to use at the time according to gossip or? at the time.LONG time ago,in the early 70's.

One I liked a lot,the others stunk in my opinion.
Didn't stink but I didn't care for them.

Probably depends on who is wearing it,IF it combines with their persons scent or whatever.
Musk isn't generally a conscious thing sometimes as far as what I've read in general.
Not from perfume vendors but scientific trials.

I had several friends at the time comment or say my Lady smelt great when she wore the musk version I didn't care for.

Might be a personal , animal type thing in our genes.

I don't know,But Cindy sure was GREAT smelling when she wore the Musk I liked.
I didn't need her to say a thing,I knew she was wearing whatever it was instantly.
She learned to use the musk I liked when she was IN THE MOOD (LOL).
I guess the right stuff sometimes can work...

I personally don't use stuff like after shave or perfume/cologne.I had a ZZ top beard and long hair before Chemo.

I don't like the smell or whatever of anything I used to try out when I did shave.

Nothing wrong with a shower and deodorant...I can't use antiperspirant.
Messes up my sweat glands.

Patchouli smells like incense to me. 
Not that good smelling,was popular to hide the smell of pot smoke at the time.

Smells like Hari Krishna freaks back in the day...Cult type people who had no clue and needed some one to control their lives.

lol theres some funny ones.

This is for a soap. I came up with the name and idea while I was showering.

Winter Hot Soap. With just enough capsaicin to give your skin a slight glow. But a nice manly smell too.

My wife is partial to WD-40, lol.

I get soaps from a girl at the farmers mkt. I like the citrus one, pine, and one called Sereno that mostly smells like rosemary. I still have more to try.

I never did like Drakkar. Smelled like soap IIRC. Lagerfeld is how I roll.

I figured out not too long ago that the generic/most widely used incense smell is burning sage. I kinda like it. Patchouli though... ew.

Or maybe an Icy Hot type winter soap without as much of that scent and none of the Icy. Either way I figure a lot of experimentation. Dont want any 3rd degree burns.

But a hot shower that lasts for a little extra bit in the middle of winter sounds like it would be a good thing.

220.jpg

Manly smell...

1, WD-40 Sprayed on a hot exhaust manifold.

2, Smokey two stroke motorcycle during a burnout.

3, Beer, cigarettes and cheap Chinese fireworks. (At the same time)

4, Ralph Lauren Polo (probably the least healthy option for your skin but ladies love it.) :P

Back