• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

World's Hottest Burger?

What an odd burger. First off that tomato is ridiculous! A huge slice of pink/white unripe beefsteak. That right there shows they only care about the heat and novelty here. On top of that, some frilly ass lettuce? So burger, on top of lettuce, on top starchy unripe tomato, on top of... what is that at the bottom? More lettuce? What the hell? LOL.

Ridiculous! Didn't even read about the heat. Burger is lame.

(From the article)
“I think I’m being pretty reasonable by saying it’s about one million Scoville units, because the chili extract we put into the burger and into the sauce is rated at five million Scoville units,” Gingerich estimated.

I'm not the most proficient [SIZE=14.949845314025879px]mathematician, but wouldn't that mean that the burger is about 20% capsaicin extract? Goddamn that sounds terrible. That burger should win some sort of award for being the most disgusting way to achieve a day wasted on the toilet. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.949845314025879px]    The punk cook who came up with that recipe should be ashamed. C'mon. Jalapeño, cayenne, serrano, habanero, ghost AND extract? What's the point? I bet it doesn't taste like any of those (except the extract  :rolleyes:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.949845314025879px] ). That mess doesn't sound like flavor or quality bore any consideration whatsoever in it's conception. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.949845314025879px]     And all topped off with an alcohol fire on top. :rofl:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.949845314025879px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.949845314025879px] What a failure. I hope the dickheads who decided that would be a good addition to their menu read this thread. They need to be made to feel embarrassed. f**k them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.949845314025879px]edit: Hmmm. Maybe this post should be in the "you know what grinds my gears" thread...[/SIZE]

I am trying to do some math here.  They said the Reaper that they WANT to use is 100X hotter than a jalapeno.  To my knowledge the average jalapeno is between 2500 and 5000 scovies.  So at the high end wouldn't that be 500,000?  Isn't the Reaper supposed to approach 2 million scovies?  Who is doing this research?  Do yourself a favor, if you want to eat the hottest burger out there in a restaurant, go to San Antonio and have the Four Horseman Burger at Chunky's.  I have recreated it, and it is a whirlwind to eat.  That other thing, throw it on the ground.
and then there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDMKJJTpEeA

I can t help but think, yuck that doesn't exactly sound very tasty with all that extract. But hey that's just me, these things are all just publicity stunts anyway.

Don't get caught up in food challenges, it has nothing to do with how good the food is. I mean, they need a challenge after all, to get people to notice their restaurant.

You want to go with a friend for novelty's sake, to see who can finish one first, that's cool. But that's all its worth. 

I'm not getting the ingredients on that burger.  It may be my monitor, but it looks like some kind of green relish on top of the burger and cabbage under the burger. 

None of these challenges are supposed to taste good, especially those with extract.  Some of us did the WingDome wing challenge that was extract laces even though they say there's no extract in it.  :rolleyes: 

Green relish???

What color is the dress? I mean burger? :lol:

Please adjust your monitor, there is an orange sauce on top!

Back