• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting super-hots in ferments?

I have been making ferments for a few years, I have used tabascos, Thais, serranos and jalapenos almost exclusively, but I'm wanting to kick a gallon or two up a quite a few notches this summer. For all of my ferments I use the liquid from live-culture kimchee from the start, and make one-gallon batches using air-locks, etc from my home-brewing equipment.

My question is what kind of results have people got by including a couple super-hots such as 7-pots or Reapers in mashes? I'm hoping to hear some stories and/or recipes before I start making plans this year. :)

I did not read all of it, but after reading the first 10 pages or so, it seemed to me that it was more a guild on the technical side and safety of fermenting, and not about people's personal opinions on various experiences and/or tatse preference. I'll go re-read just in case I missed it.

swaybelly said:
I did not read all of it, but after reading the first 10 pages or so, it seemed to me that it was more a guild on the technical side and safety of fermenting, and not about people's personal opinions on various experiences and/or tatse preference. I'll go re-read just in case I missed it.
yeah i'd advise to read it backward(most recent first). people post updates on what they are doing in there for some reason.. 

Most of my ferments use super hots then you can temper the heat while processing also allows you to stretch the overall amount by adding other ingredients to get to the heat levels you like.
You can produce large amounts of sauce from smaller batches. :) More bang for your buck!!
images-1.jpeg

Back