vendor Pepper North, a.k.a. peppernorth.com

Fantastic photography: http://peppernorth.com/gallery

Love the bunny: http://peppernorth.com/aboutus

I am not going to do it cause I sell seeds and have learned that tends to put other seed sellers on the defensive.  But if someone else were to invite them here, they could benefit from reading the reviews of other seed sellers.  Here is why I think that.

Padded Envelopes - Not using them will get you horrible reviews.  They list Hab seeds 10 seeds for 6.00 Canadian, thats 4.80 US.  The smallest padded envelope I ship to Canada costs almost 7.00 at the post.  I have to figure they are sending in normal flat envelopes with no padding.  I have NEVER gotten crushed seeds from Pepper Joe and he does currently use padded envelopes, but look at the reviews still on THP to see what people think when they get crushed seeds.

Isolation for Seed Stock - Discussion on site is of over 30 variety.  Photos show container growing on patio and picnic tables, plants right next to each other.  Unless they have some isolation going on that is not photographed or discussed, they will likely be shipping unintentional hybrids.  Again, look at the reviews here and see what happens when someone gets something they did not expect.  If you do not isolate your seed stock, people will trash you in the forums.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback on the site. I have been a member here for a couple of years, just haven't posted a lot. I have done some trades etc. with a few members here however.

Just to address ajdrew's concerns:

All of my orders are shipped for free in 8 " x 4" bubble mailers. I have never had a customer complain about receiving a damaged order. To ship an order within Canada costs me $1.80 plus the envelope. If a customer purchases a $6.00 seed order and it costs me $2.00 to ship it, I am OK with that :) If it costs me a little more to ship to the US, that's fine too. 99% of my orders come from Canada.

As for isolation, I guarantee all my seeds to grow true. The photos on the site are just a representation for the casual grower.

Thanks again

- Drew

drew1226 said:
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback on the site. I have been a member here for a couple of years, just haven't posted a lot. I have done some trades etc. with a few members here however.

Just to address ajdrew's concerns:

All of my orders are shipped for free in 8 " x 4" bubble mailers. I have never had a customer complain about receiving a damaged order. To ship an order within Canada costs me $1.80 plus the envelope. If a customer purchases a $6.00 seed order and it costs me $2.00 to ship it, I am OK with that :) If it costs me a little more to ship to the US, that's fine too. 99% of my orders come from Canada.

As for isolation, I guarantee all my seeds to grow true. The photos on the site are just a representation for the casual grower.

Thanks again

- Drew

I'm working on building my website to start selling seeds, as well - nice to see others up here in Canada that are in the business. :)

I've been trying to find a source for bubble mailers that'll ship to here in Canada at affordable rates. I've been trying to find 4" x 6" plastic ones, but they only seem to be available in the U.S. and those that produce them in the U.S. don't seem to ship to Canada. And Canadian suppliers that I find don't seem to make any much smaller than the ones you are using - and only in paper format (Canadian producers don't seem to make the plastic ones). :(

Super Hots Canada - Glad you, like me, benefited from THP before selling seeds.  Also glad you are not one of the folk who go all wacko to talk to another grower.  With much respect to THP because I love the place, the overwhelming vast majority of our customers do not sit and talk about peppers.  They grow them and they eat them, but only a small number really love talking about them day in and day out ( oh shit, I am an addict).  So, with the customer base being effectively infinite, when the competitor comes out in a person's posts here it boggles my mind.

On isolation and padded envelopes, when I put it on my site my sales went way up.  That is about all I can say in the way of potential improvements to your site cause the thing looks and runs great.  It is crisp, clean, and runs fast.

Like you, I am fairly new to selling online.  Look forward to future conversations.

Wait, think I mixed up Drew and Superhot.  Sorry both, but much applies to both.

Ye, I am good for that.  I also mix up words.  Sometimes it is very funny.  Once told my wife she needed to calm down cause she was running around like a chicken mcnugget.  Meant to say chicken wither her head cut off.  She laughed for fifteen minutes before telling me what I said.  Ah, but then there was the time in court when I said negro psychologist instead of neuro psychiatrist.  The person deposing me (ass hat lawyer) caught my mistake and kept pushing faster and faster until I was saying negro doctor an negro guy, all the time meaning to say neuro.  He kept pushing cause the judge was black.

Fortunately for me, when I figured out what was going on I lost it on the stand, started crying, and explained that is what my brain now does.  Ass hat lawyer, working for the defense, was trying to defeat the idea that I now suffer from aphasia where I mix up words that sound alike.  Kind of screwed himself there.  I explained that is one of my problems, I keep pissing people off with the words that fall out of my mouth like I am doing here.  Thing judge got it cause he essentially told ass hat to shut the hell up.  But then he treated me like Rain Man, not sure I liked that part.

Am all the time screwing things up and then apologizing for using the wrong words or the wrong name.  Think people here are now getting that I mean no harm when I do it.  Just the way my screwed up mind works now.

Super Hots Canada said:

I'm working on building my website to start selling seeds, as well - nice to see others up here in Canada that are in the business. :)

I've been trying to find a source for bubble mailers that'll ship to here in Canada at affordable rates. I've been trying to find 4" x 6" plastic ones, but they only seem to be available in the U.S. and those that produce them in the U.S. don't seem to ship to Canada. And Canadian suppliers that I find don't seem to make any much smaller than the ones you are using - and only in paper format (Canadian producers don't seem to make the plastic ones). :(

This might be obvious, but have you tried U-line? Not entirely sure they have exactly what you want, but they're great for packaging supplies in general.

Just checked, they do have this.

miguelovic said:

This might be obvious, but have you tried U-line? Not entirely sure they have exactly what you want, but they're great for packaging supplies in general.

Yup. I know about ULine, and that seems to be the best we're able to do in Canada. Their smallest is 4"x8", whereas sources I found in the U.S. (that sadly won't ship to Canada) go down to 4"x6" -and- are less than half the price compared to ULine. :(

But good point - I forgot that I saw the poly bubble mailers on their site. :) .. Seems like they're the best I'll be able to do.

Super Hots Canada said:

Yup. I know about ULine, and that seems to be the best we're able to do in Canada. Their smallest is 4"x8", whereas sources I found in the U.S. (that sadly won't ship to Canada) go down to 4"x6" -and- are less than half the price compared to ULine. :(

But good point - I forgot that I saw the poly bubble mailers on their site. :) .. Seems like they're the best I'll be able to do.
Better be more environnement friendly
ask for a special size quote at
http://www.supremex.com/en/Products/MailPackaging/BubbleMailers.aspx

Super Hots Canada said:

That`s great, always a pleasure to meet fellow Canadian chili heads!

floricole said:
He was very pleased with the service and received the seed in good condition and quickly. (he lives in Quebec)

Awesome, best of luck to both you and your friend on your grow this year!

ajdrew said:
On isolation and padded envelopes, when I put it on my site my sales went way up.  That is about all I can say in the way of potential improvements to your site cause the thing looks and runs great.  It is crisp, clean, and runs fast.

Thanks for the tips, I will make these additions to my site. And also thank you for your feedback, much appreciated!

ChiliNoob said:
I'm growing several varieties this year that I actually bought from peppernorth last year. Excellent germination rate on all of the varieties that I tried.

That`s great to hear, I always appreciate any feedback customers have to offer. I wish you the best of luck on your grow this season!

miguelovic said:

Yes, U-Line is a great resource for supplies. I am luck in that they have a warehouse very close to my house :)

floricole said:
Better be more environnement friendly
ask for a special size quote at
http://www.supremex.com/en/Products/MailPackaging/BubbleMailers.aspx

Wow, very cool. Thank you for the link I will look into those mailers.

Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback!

Somewhere in this thread someone from Canada said they were trying to get an eCommerce web site together.  If you are still in the thinking about it stage, write me privately and I might be able to hook you up.  Check out the site I got going, can set up the same for you without much effort.  Not the content, but the framework for you to fill it in.

Delicious-!! Really, really tasty...

...Ok, ok... I'll start at the beginning. I ordered the 'Reaper Madness' (1 oz. package of powdered Carolina Reaper powder) from Drew1226 at Peppernorth.com. He estimated 7-10 days' delivery time, and it took about 8 days to arrive. Packaging was a sturdy bubble-wrap envelope.

He was quite generous... He included an additional package of dried Trinidad Scorpions; If i remember his website's price list aright, then i've just received half again (50% more) value than my order.

The only superhots that retail locally are these over-priced sharply bitter dried bhuts in cellophane. Bleah...

I've never tasted Reapers OR Scorpions before. They're quite similar. The aroma, when i opened my mail package, was redolent of something like sun-dried tomatoes, and also of a top-notch chef's spice cabinet. Strangely, it was both herbal, and also made me think of the sweeter spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.).
... it also smelled hot, but nowhere near as hot as it actually was. The flavor makes me think that a ragout or gazpacho without it would be like a danish or baked apple without cinnamon. Tragic, really.

My primary interest in capsaicinoids is medicinal, and i've discovered that these 2 products are the best that i've found yet for my health.

Drew1226, your generosity and product quality make of me a very satisfied customer. For what it's worth, a friend steeped a few granules of the Reaper in a shot of vodka for an hour, sipped it slowly, and later told me it's the finest peppered vodka he's ever tried. He's not a chilihead, but does enjoy jalapeno vodka as a cordial.

Thank you.

Back