• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Are these real Bhut Jolokias?

I've recently purchased these on the internet for me and my friends. We tried it and they simply weren't that hot.
They were hot, but not what we were expecting. The "burning" was gone after about 10 minutes (maybe even sooner).

Can anyone confirm these are the real deal and if so, why werent they hotter?

Thank you

QU60adK.jpg

Isn't just me or do those calyxes look more annuum then Chinsense .. Could be a hot variety but they doubtfully were super hots if you didn't feel the burn , without washing away capsaicin it's hard to get rid off it dry or wet and you should of felt it. That being said I have had dried Morugas that were hot but not nuclear and I worked out the pod was gutted of seeds and placenta pre drying and when eating the next dry one it was hugely hot and I could feel the seeds and spongy placenta inside .. Could be why ,???

To me the taste of a Bhut Jolokia is unmistakeable, unless you have never tasted one that is?   I am sure there are a few members here who are willing to send you some true Bhut seeds if so

wonder if they were air vac sealed ? could of been Bhuts but in non air tight bags , i've seen that with some hots that were stored to long in maybe per say ziplocs . lost their freshness .    :onfire:   but then again non reputable seller anything could be sold/bought .

Its very hard to say just what they might be as they are dried, Bhuts even dried ones are very very hot, I would try getting some from Judy at pepperlover.com if she is out Sicman might have some. Also you could ask around I'm sure someone has some extra seed that they might share with you, I lost the three Bhuts I had growing last year so I'm out of seeds right now.

Back