• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

"...cayenne, the substance found in chili peppers ..."

If I ever have a heart attack, I will be chewing an asprin, drinking cayenne tea and just for good measure, I'll eat a reaper and few drops of Pure Evil. That ought to perk me back up. All on the way to the ER, of course...

I heard of it a while back.

I think it works because hiccups are like internal CPR and they might push blood backwards for a min.

The editor also missed the bit about how to administer cayenne "if the victim is conscious" -- presumably, you are supposed to make the patient drink a cup of water+cayenne if he is UNconscious.

There may be some truth to this: capsaicin, being a vasodilator, would probably quickly reduce blood pressure. However, there are different kinds of "heart attack"... for example, angina pectoris patients might benefit from one medication/treatment, but another type of "heart attack" might require different medicine/treatment.

Whatever medical database this article cited, it would be wise to refer to the source. I don't think the info expressed is accurate, and this document is equally unable to communicate this inexact info.

Don't wanna sound harsh, but this is a heart problem, and i don't trust what i'm hearing.

An EMT friend told me that they carry Cayenne in the ambulances for this reason.   She also told me that if someone is having a heart attack to keep giving them Cayenne in whatever form you have.   I started my hot pepper adventure by consuming cayenne for high blood pressure issues.   I was given blood pressure medicine after going to the ER with very high blood pressure and chest pains.  I did not like the side effects that the medicine caused and started consuming cayenne everyday for a few months.. went back to the doc and he said "looks like the medicine is working, your blood pressure seems to avg normal.   I explained to him I had quit taking what he prescribed and was consuming cayenne and he was amazed and said whatever works.  

withywindle72 said:
An EMT friend told me that they carry Cayenne in the ambulances for this reason.   She also told me that if someone is having a heart attack to keep giving them Cayenne in whatever form you have.   I started my hot pepper adventure by consuming cayenne for high blood pressure issues.   I was given blood pressure medicine after going to the ER with very high blood pressure and chest pains.  I did not like the side effects that the medicine caused and started consuming cayenne everyday for a few months.. went back to the doc and he said "looks like the medicine is working, your blood pressure seems to avg normal.   I explained to him I had quit taking what he prescribed and was consuming cayenne and he was amazed and said whatever works.  

That reminds me of a college buddy of mine that I convinced to start drinking green tea instead of buying / taking theophylline. Two or three glasses a day had (and for all I know still has) his asthma under control. Saved him a bunch of (beer) money.

Back