• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

F1 F2 F3 Seed supplier ??

I'm looking for suppliers of unusual crosses and hybrids like Jungle Rain, I've found most places only offer 1-2 varieties but I want to know if anyone knows any good sights for a good selection.. Especially if they detail photos , parent details and current flavour and heat information.

Or if any of you chilli heads have sublime crosses your willing to send my way.

Thanks in advance

bhut camp said:
Jungle Rain has four pages of crosses.I consider that a lot

No I find Jungle rain great, most of the other sights are lucky to post 1 or 2, I was just wondering if anyone knew of other sights.

Vladan is a great supplier and has some fantastic Peppers.
I'm sure you are aware that the F1,2,3 and so on up to around F7 versions are not stabilized and can end up with all sorts of different Peppers come out of it or throwbacks to the Parents.
Also I am assuming you are from Australia? Importing into Australia is hit and miss as Peppers are now required to have a permit for entry with testing for diseases.
A lot of people do get them through but I myself have had a few taken and have seen others too. It's up to you.

Micca

Micca302 said:
Vladan is a great supplier and has some fantastic Peppers.
I'm sure you are aware that the F1,2,3 and so on up to around F7 versions are not stabilized and can end up with all sorts of different Peppers come out of it or throwbacks to the Parents.
Also I am assuming you are from Australia? Importing into Australia is hit and miss as Peppers are now required to have a permit for entry with testing for diseases.
A lot of people do get them through but I myself have had a few taken and have seen others too. It's up to you.

Micca
I've purchased several packages of seeds from America and England over the last year and had none get held up yet..

In relation to stabalisation , that's not what I'm looking for , I'm actually looking for pepper crosses that appeal to me as I plan to further cross and or stabilise my own select pheno's .. I like buying F2 seeds because I get a look at the parents ( dominant pheno's ) , usually get told the parent details and can get an idea of what I might get..

And I get to get a confirmed cross rather than waiting 6 months to find out that what I thought I got to cross actually didn't lol..

Oh and Ill look up that name too .. Thanks

No problems Mate just wasn't too sure. I had a feeling you might have been chasing the F1s, 2 etc but was just making sure you knew.
I'm glad you have been getting seeds through. They aren't supposed to come through without shit loads of testing now but sounds like you are lucky.
Over the many years of buying from overseas it has been very hit and miss for me, I think I have the worst luck. I haven't tried for a while but have noticed a few people lately have had them taken stating that they need an Import permit which includes the testing.
Oh and Vladan is the person who runs Rainbow Chilli Seeds. He has been working on some great crosses.
Also have a look at Mojo Peppers http://chilipepperseeds.tictail.com/ . Not a huge amount of crosses but some really cool ones.
Been wanting to get some but with my luck they would never make it through.

Micca

Micca302 said:
No problems Mate just wasn't too sure. I had a feeling you might have been chasing the F1s, 2 etc but was just making sure you knew.
I'm glad you have been getting seeds through. They aren't supposed to come through without shit loads of testing now but sounds like you are lucky.
Over the many years of buying from overseas it has been very hit and miss for me, I think I have the worst luck. I haven't tried for a while but have noticed a few people lately have had them taken stating that they need an Import permit which includes the testing.
Oh and Vladan is the person who runs Rainbow Chilli Seeds. He has been working on some great crosses.
Also have a look at Mojo Peppers http://chilipepperseeds.tictail.com/ . Not a huge amount of crosses but some really cool ones.
Been wanting to get some but with my luck they would never make it through.

Micca

Mojo is nice, good images, and crosses,  however from reading reviews something tells me a lot of their best one off pods get photographed, the sorts of pods that probably wont grow again ..

Rainbow looks great, got my eye on 4-5 varieties..

At the moment over the last 12 months I've probably received 10 or so envelopes of seeds and not one has been held up.. So good luck to you if you try again and thanks for the info.  

KrakenPeppers said:

Mojo is nice, good images, and crosses,  however from reading reviews something tells me a lot of their best one off pods get photographed, the sorts of pods that probably wont grow again ..

Rainbow looks great, got my eye on 4-5 varieties..

At the moment over the last 12 months I've probably received 10 or so envelopes of seeds and not one has been held up.. So good luck to you if you try again and thanks for the info.  

I have heard that from Mojo but maybe im not too educated in the Hybrids but thought if you are growing low F's like F2,3 etc that is what you will get heaps of variation. then as you select the traits you are looking for and grow the next gen it will start to stabilize when you get around the F7 or so mark?

Micca

Micca302 said:

I have heard that from Mojo but maybe im not too educated in the Hybrids but thought if you are growing low F's like F2,3 etc that is what you will get heaps of variation. then as you select the traits you are looking for and grow the next gen it will start to stabilize when you get around the F7 or so mark?

Micca

You make a good point, I will need to go through there range again and see what I can find.. It appears there starting to change there website around if you haven't had a look recently..

KrakenPeppers said:
Thanks for that, the Armagedon pepper was one of the ones I was looking for
The Armageddon is a pretty awesome chili, I grew it last season.  Many of the chili's would get this cool brown bleeding on the stems, makes them look really unique!

I grew the the 7 pot choc douglah also, between the two I couldn't tell which one was hotter but the Armageddon had some interesting undertones in the flavor.  

I think you'll enjoy them.  

Buzzman19 said:
The Armageddon is a pretty awesome chili, I grew it last season.  Many of the chili's would get this cool brown bleeding on the stems, makes them look really unique!

I grew the the 7 pot choc douglah also, between the two I couldn't tell which one was hotter but the Armageddon had some interesting undertones in the flavor.  

I think you'll enjoy them.  
Thanks for the review.. I'll definetly be putting in an order this week for them now !

KrakenPeppers said:
Thanks for the review.. I'll definetly be putting in an order this week for them now !

Just for giggles I thought I would show you a pic I dug up. 

a3e3br.jpg

Back