• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What's the weirdest thing you've made with your peppers?

Hands down, one poblano and two habanero combined to make Oktoberfest Venus: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/18287-vote-oktoberfest-throwdown-2010/?p=388584

Not what you had in mind?  :lol:  Try making a pot of chile but add a bit of chocolate, dried lavender buds and dried or fresh blueberries. Most people hear that and respond with something like "I'll take your word for it when you say it was really good." It is, but I can appreciate that it's not what most people can imagine. Start with your favorite chile recipe, whatever it is, then add a bit of those three ingredients. 

I've used a sweet/hot sauce on my pancakes and made a peanut butter/ hot sauce sandwich with the same sauce that I used on my pancakes. It was good !

I've cut fresh pods into cheesecake prior to baking.  Didn't work as I wanted, but at least no one freaked out since the dairy was there calming things down.  

geeme said:
Hands down, one poblano and two habanero combined to make Oktoberfest Venus: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/18287-vote-oktoberfest-throwdown-2010/?p=388584

Not what you had in mind?  :lol:  Try making a pot of chile but add a bit of chocolate, dried lavender buds and dried or fresh blueberries. Most people hear that and respond with something like "I'll take your word for it when you say it was really good." It is, but I can appreciate that it's not what most people can imagine. Start with your favorite chile recipe, whatever it is, then add a bit of those three ingredients.
That looks amazing actually!
Rymerpt said:
I've put powder in cupcakes, fudge, and many many savory dishes.
I did that with my fudge this past xmas...I sure did eat all the fudge by myself..YUM!
SavinaRed said:
I've used a sweet/hot sauce on my pancakes and made a peanut butter/ hot sauce sandwich with the same sauce that I used on my pancakes. It was good !
Denny's pancakes and Cholula sauce = the bomb pancakes!
D3monic said:
I don't know about weirdest but ranch dip is bomb diggity with some smoked powder in it.
Gotta try this..sounds so good :)
SmokenFire said:
I've cut fresh pods into cheesecake prior to baking.  Didn't work as I wanted, but at least no one freaked out since the dairy was there calming things down.
Post your recipe... I'd love to tweek it and see what happens....Might actually be really good!

Since we're talking pods....
One I've seen and always wanted to try was a fatalii lemon cheesecake.

Chiles and chocolate in all kinds of forms have been around forEVER. 

Pure Evil brownies and snickerdoodles (stories there...)

Red Fresno chile stuffed with cream cheese in a Fillo dough with some other stuff, baked for a dessert

chile jams rock in all shapes and forms!

unintended uses.....using the spatula to stir the superhot puree, then using the same spatula to stir the sausage gravy.  OOPS!  There was an unintended spicyness to that batch of biscuits and gravy.....:lol:

I'm thinking this thread was inspired by my status ;)

Bhut, pistachio, and wasabi milkshake is up there.  Might even take the cake, it's tied with fatalii pumpkin pie...the brain doesn't quite process it properly.

salsalady said:
Since we're talking pods....
One I've seen and always wanted to try was a fatalii lemon cheesecake.

Chiles and chocolate in all kinds of forms have been around forEVER. 

Pure Evil brownies and snickerdoodles (stories there...)

Red Fresno chile stuffed with cream cheese in a Fillo dough with some other stuff, baked for a dessert

chile jams rock in all shapes and forms!

unintended uses.....using the spatula to stir the superhot puree, then using the same spatula to stir the sausage gravy.  OOPS!  There was an unintended spicyness to that batch of biscuits and gravy..... :lol:

Cooked up peppers the night before for sauce... Washed the non stick pan well.. Wife makes bacon and eggs next morning in said pan... Spicy Eggs and Baccon... Nice heat too, my wife couldn't handle it.. Those Teflon surfaces hold capsaicin pretty well I found out lol 

Helvete said:

Bhut, pistachio, and wasabi milkshake is up there.  Might even take the cake, it's tied with fatalii pumpkin pie...the brain doesn't quite process it properly.

I bet a bit of fatalii in pecan pie would be pretty darn righteous! All that citrusy, tangy heat complimenting that nutty, caramelly goodness. 

Damn.... I'm drooling now! Keep'em coming :)
Helvete said:

You know it!!!!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I bet a bit of fatalii in pecan pie would be pretty darn righteous! All that citrusy, tangy heat complimenting that nutty, caramelly goodness. 
Not saying it was bad, it was just like a weird sensory overload, like breathing in the smoke from cutting oil at a drill press (smells sweet but something about it reminds you of the smell of a nursing home)

a little sidewise to the the actual topic.. I made a spice blend for a friend who made hot  honey black bear sausage.    I traded him the spice blend for some of the finished sausage.. awesome stuff.   Which reminds me ,  I need to ask him if he needs more spice next bear season. 

PepperPassion said:
That sounds awesome! Have you tried it yet? you gotta post pics!
I have not!  JustAGuy took some to some chile event...(Bowers?  OpenFields?  I forget...) and shared it with several THP folks there and it got rave reviews. 

I chopped up my dragon cayennes and cooked them into pancakes. Delicious! Especially good with honey...

Back