• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Show Your Heritage Throwdown

Best Heritage Meal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who made the best heritage meal? Check out their stories please.

72 hour poll (48 plus 24 for extra category).

D3 was most innovative, in my opinion. Something new I haven't seen around here....like a gourmet homemade hot pocket...they deserve a thread of their own, and I want to make them, sweet and savory...D3 will have crowns soon!!

But my vote goes to Hotstuff....TWICE!!! Those things need to be frozen, packed in dry ice, and sent to Miami to make sure they aren't poisonous. 

He brought it this month!!!! Great stuff all around! 

That seafood plate was damn impressive too!! 

Boss, can we do a throwdown where we each get 2 votes????

frydad4 said:
D3 was most innovative, in my opinion. Something new I haven't seen around here....like a gourmet homemade hot pocket...they deserve a thread of their own, and I want to make them, sweet and savory...D3 will have crowns soon!!
When he learns how to make a final post I'm sure the votes will go up. Pics with no description, not the best idea. :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Thanks everyone, wish I could have shared with each of you. Working on the scratch and sniff pictures...coming soon!

Scratch and Sniff Seafood Story 42

It must be good - because 42 ...

Next time!

:)

People can look back a page.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Thanks everyone, wish I could have shared with each of you. Working on the scratch and sniff pictures...coming soon!

If the cocktail sauce would have been applied, I wouldn't have been able to vote for it - I don't eat *ANYTHING* w/ noticeable horseradish ... not even at Arby's ... not even with prime rib ...

The *ONLY* thing I know I eat which contains it at all, is Worcestershire, and I never finish w/ that condiment, I only use it as part of the seasoning mix for raw meat (sometimes) ...

Game of inches ...

The Hot Pepper said:
You probably like worcestershire because it doesn't have any in it lol.

There's something I don't like in Worcestershire that's surprising ... if it's not horsie, it's got to be anchovy ...

I don't care for horseradish, anchovy, or cilantro ... but that's mostly it ...

grantmichaels said:
There's something I don't like in Worcestershire that's surprising ... if it's not horsie, it's got to be anchovy ...

I don't care for horseradish, anchovy, or cilantro ... but that's mostly it ...
Probably anchovy or tamarind, those are the strongest flavors.

Fish sauce is an acquired taste. I like worcestershire in bloody marys it adds a savoriness/meatiness that w/o, I really don't like them. That, and fresh squeezed lemon. But please no celery seed for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back