• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Caribbean Reds

I sent you a message,  Savina. Theres a nursery near you that sells ghost and scorpion plants. Last year the ghosts were true. I bought 5 at $3.00 each so far this year and they look healthy . I buy from a nursery here that gets em from them. 

A couple years ago I got Caribbean red pepper plants from a local nursery and they ended up being red habs so I really do wish you the best of luck because the flavor of the true Caribbean red is unmatched in my opinion for a hab

How would describe the flavor difference between a regular Caribbean Red Hab and a Red Savin Hab? I gather the Savina is hotter, but is it otherwise the same?

I have grown the regulars before, but this will be the first year for Savina.

on another topic. I just picked up an 8-9 foot of the following at my local costco and all of them have lots of blossoms and small fruit all ready.

Peach tree
Nectarine
Plum

I also picked up a nice 4 foot mandarin tree. All for a $129.00. 

So now I have 2 avocado trees, a lemon, a lime and the trees I just bought today. 

I'm growing these this year from seed, extremely excited! Of all my seedlings these ones sprouted first and look the best so far. While I do love Orange Habs, I'm getting bored with the quality and monotony of the store bought ones, so I can't wait for these Reds to start producing.

my 40 plus Caribbean reds and a few jalapenos in the front lower right

Attachments

• carribs.JPG
    carribs.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 50
I'm going to post some updated pics as most of the plants are not doing well and dropping leaves in the larger containers.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Dislike, any idea what is wrong? 
I bought some bulk potting soil and planted in that a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if they need some extra nutes and or maybe over watering. Some of the same plants in the ground are doing well and 3 others that are in clay pots are doing well too. All getting the same amount of water. And the clay pots and plastic containers have the same soil. 

I still consider myself a novice when it comes to growing pepper plants. 

I attempted to over-winter my peppers last grow season. By that I mean I just left them outside and completely forgot about them lol

Not many survived. Both my Caribbean Reds did! That pleased their master much! I also was generally a fan of their growth, their heat, and their taste. So I'm now a fan.

I went to Green Acres Nursery around where I lived and picked up a 6-pack of them for like 4 bucks! Not bad for where I am. I was super stoked.

So I will be growing 8 Caribbean Red plants, two of which are quite established from last year :) :) Excited.

Spicy Mushroom said:
I attempted to over-winter my peppers last grow season. By that I mean I just left them outside and completely forgot about them lol

Not many survived. Both my Caribbean Reds did! That pleased their master much! I also was generally a fan of their growth, their heat, and their taste. So I'm now a fan.

I went to Green Acres Nursery around where I lived and picked up a 6-pack of them for like 4 bucks! Not bad for where I am. I was super stoked.

So I will be growing 8 Caribbean Red plants, two of which are quite established from last year :) :) Excited.
Are you in northern cal, central or southern ?

Back