• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Asian Vegetable Seeds catalogue

salsalady

Business Member
A neighbor dropped off this seed catalog for me, so I thought I'd share~

Kitazawa Seed Co. in Oakland CA, since 1917.

IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

And since we're all here for the peppers...
IMG_4231.JPG

HAPPY GROWING!!!

The skinny upright photos?  Yea, dunno why but apparently the "max MB" nazi is on duty.  Editor kept saying "image too large"...So I cropped the images to save mb's. 

Oh, and disclaimer-  I have not ordered from this company, but they have been around since 1917 (that says something) and my neighbor (who is a prolific gardener) has for years.  I know there are folks here who will appreciate the resource. 

salsalady said:
The skinny upright photos?  Yea, dunno why but apparently the "max MB" nazi is on duty.  Editor kept saying "image too large"...So I cropped the images to save mb's. 

Oh, and disclaimer-  I have not ordered from this company, but they have been around since 1917 (that says something) and my neighbor (who is a prolific gardener) has for years.  I know there are folks here who will appreciate the resource. 
hmm?  I dunno what you're talking about.  I was talking about the pepper plants that produce skinny upright peppers...like takanotsume :P

Helvete said:
hmm?  I dunno what you're talking about.  I was talking about the pepper plants that produce skinny upright peppers...like takanotsume :P
AH!  :lol:  My misunderstanding.....Thanks for the clarification~  :)

Garden Bird looks interesting. Catalog says it tolerant of rainy weather. Sounds like a type suited to Florida where we get too much rain at times.. makes me wonder if there are any other types out there like this one.

I have been looking for Burdock for a while, and now I have found it so thanks Ann.

Thanks SL,  will have to check that out for sure.

Incidentally, anyone else notice how 1970ish that catalog seemed to be? if it wasn't for the hyperlinks, It would still be suspect.

I have order from them
I was looking for some bok choi that I needed in a larger amount that was in thier catolog so I called them and they gave me a price for thd amout I needed I ordered and I recieved the order in 3 days plus at the end of the catolog they have recipes

When they started business in 1917, the seeds were sold in manila packages printed with green ink.  They have continued that look today. 

Wondering if they have what is known as okinawan hot peppers.... I collected seed while I was stationed there and haven't been successful in germinating any of them.... tried the last 3 years.... even seeds from different sources, including directly from the pods from different growers and farmer's markets.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/41782-mexican-chilli-pepper/
my post towards the bottom has pictures.

rhm3769 said:
Wondering if they have what is known as okinawan hot peppers.... I collected seed while I was stationed there and haven't been successful in germinating any of them.... tried the last 3 years.... even seeds from different sources, including directly from the pods from different growers and farmer's markets.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/41782-mexican-chilli-pepper/
my post towards the bottom has pictures.
I received some Okinawa Shima Togarashi in a seed trade last year, I'm growing them this season and may be able to send you some come harvest time.

Back