Forum Software Feature/Design/Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something that's happened to me twice, and I think it warrants being changed in the future ...

The software allows you to select a member to send a PM to, even when they've blocked you, and then after you type up something, it throws the error and you lose the text ...

I ran into this trying to send geeme a PM a few months ago ... not knowing she'd blocked me. I was irritated, because I spend a considerable amount of time on what I'd written.

Today, I was having a conversation in PM w/ TNR, and he deleted the thread on his end, but I'd written a similarly long and well-thought-out message to him - which got garbled up when the original thread had been deleted by him ...

So, the PM system could use two enhancements/improvements:

1) It shouldn't show you people who have blocked you as recipients for PM's.
2) It should do something w/ a passage of text if the thread was deleted by the other member, like email it to you or PM it to you, so that you can do something w/ it ...

Just suggestions. It's pretty annoying ...

Probably something on tapatalk. On the full site if there's an error the message is still there in the text box.

Also if someone deletes a message you have no reply box it is gone. So if on tapatalk, again, tapatalk error.

The Hot Pepper said:
Probably something on tapatalk. On the full site if there's an error the message is still there in the text box.

Also if someone deletes a message you have no reply box it is gone. So if on tapatalk, again, tapatalk error.

No, this on the website website ...
Also, he deleted the message while I was typing the reply.

Software will be updated soon and will probably address issue #1.

Issue #2 is just bad timing.

I just tested this and I tried to send a message to a blocked test member. I got the error message in pink at the top, but my message was still in the box.

Could be if you scrolled down you would have seen it. Not on the deleted one, on the blocked one. I did.

grantmichaels said:
Well, it was a nice email ...

OK, no biggie ... could be dependent on platform ... *this* machine's XP and FF 38.0 ...

Wait, Windows XP? What the hell! I take back your tech geek status! Grandpa!

The Hot Pepper said:
Could be if you scrolled down you would have seen it. Not on the deleted one, on the blocked one. I did.

Wait, Windows XP? What the hell! I take back your tech geek status! Grandpa!

This is my cad/cam station from work, and it's a requirement of the CAM software's hardware dongle ... and believe me, it's quite unfortunate ...

Want to hear about *MY* computers? ;)

If you were blocked,, how would someone even know? 

I basically use it so that I cant see their posts in threads

I wish there was a way to show them really big that I blocked em!  :beer:

A giant finger emoticon is in order boss

Kevin 

When someone posts a status update, if they've blocked you, you can't add a comment/reply to it ... that's how you end up finding out someone blocked you, or at least, that's how I noticed ...

wayright said:
If you were blocked,, how would someone even know? 

I basically use it so that I cant see their posts in threads

I wish there was a way to show them really big that I blocked em!  :beer:

A giant finger emoticon is in order boss

Kevin 
Oh that is the special ignore feature I thought....BP for life!

XP was my favorite and only Windows version till Win7 came out.  Eff vista and Win8, garbage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back