• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Ur 1st Hot Experience

Ur 1st Hot Experience - spice, sauce or pepper.

Mine - breaking up taco shells, spreading cheez whiz and cayenne pepper on them, and tossing them into the toaster oven. yummy at the time. loved the tingly sensation on my taste buds.

my first experience with peppers was so long ago I can't remember...I must have been about 5 years old (I am almost 59 now) or so and had some "pepper sauce" (pepper infused vinegar my grandmother made out of tabascos) on my turnip greens....I loved it then and still do now....

then in 1973 when I got out of the service, my father and I grew some peppers that remind me of Scotch Bonnets but they were much hotter than the scotch bonnets I am growing now...my father and I took a bite out of the pepper, looked at each other wide eyed and immediately went for the milk....fond memories...

my first known experience was accidentally eating something at a salad bar that got touched by something with an unknown hot pepper and freaking out.

the next time was when i was making chili as a young lad and deciding to see how much of the firey hell that was Tabasco sauce. i had Tabasco for the first time in years yesterday and it barely registered on my heat scale.

Than i also remember the first time i had original Death Rain chips. I couldn't finish the bag. It was "chip, drink, chip, drink drink, etc."

This ends with today where i'll munch a whole hab and want more.

I am not entirely certain, but I must guess that my first experience with hot food would have been Frank's Red Hot on a cheesesteak. I know my mom and dad always put that on their Steakums, and somewhere around 7 or 8 I think I started putting some on mine too. As far as real hot stuff, I think my first would have been wings with Dave's Insanity about 15 years ago.

DEFCON Creator said:
Biting into a lamp cord at age 3....

stuck a hairpin into a outlet at age 3.... never seen skin melt so fast.

fineexampl said:
i had Tabasco for the first time in years yesterday

have you tried the new Hab Tabasco yet, got a decent bite to it

JayT said:
Frank's Red Hot on a cheesesteak. I know my mom and dad always put that on their Steakums

Love Franks drink it more than put it on anything.

Steakum's, whipped up a cheesesteak 2 days ago - tasty

Whenever my fam would go to a local diner I would always get steak & eggs & cautiously put a few drops of tabasco on my meal. I remember drinking lots & lots of water, lol. But I loved that taste. But now I'm like fineexampl. Tabasco now adds zing to foods instead of heat :)

Do not remember the first time because I was raised on hot peppers that my grandmother brought over from Italy. I still grow the cherry peppers that she brought over but lost the green chili to bugs and can not find them at all and none of my living relative do not know either. We ate hot peppers at every meal on every thing that was just the way my grandmother was and she went home at 106 years young.
Dan

LET IT BURN

That was back when I was around 5-8 I think and I bit into sth red that was in the rice at a yugoslavian restaurant. It just wouldn't stop burning and I was wondering how anyone could like that, probably adult stuff.... Not sure what it was, but I have a hunch... :)

He, he, too stoned to remember the age, young though. But another thing I remember is that he had very hairy legs but all I saw was a mass of spiders that were crawling all over them and there was non-existent Jungle music playing in the background. God he was so fit though even through my addled eyes.

* I think I might want to go and bury myself under a large stone after this post *

rainbowberry said:
He, he, too stoned to remember the age, young though. But another thing I remember is that he had very hairy legs but all I saw was a mass of spiders that were crawling all over them and there was non-existent Jungle music playing in the background. God he was so fit though even through my addled eyes.

* I think I might want to go and bury myself under a large stone after this post *

Jungle? No shit. Good choice!

Been there done that RB...no use to be embaressed...most of us have at one time or another I betcha...

I have had the coyote ugly experience more than once...

I think I was in 3rd grade when I had my first experince. We were at pizza hut and someone dared me to eat 1/2 of the "ground pepper" dispensers on the table. I did and it was insanly hot. But I won the $5.

Now what started me as a chili-head was when I was co-gardening with roommate/friend Dave Reed. He wanted to put in pepper plants so we did. I forget who's idea it was but I bit into a ripe Cayenne and had my first endorphin rush. I was instantly hooked.

5 years, 400+ plants, and 900+ sauces later, I'm still going strong.

I thought of another one. Once when visiting my great aunt & uncle in New Mexico, they grilled burgers & put those canned green chilies on them. Lil 9 or 10 year old me thought it was a GREAT combo!

I think my honest 1st true hot experience was about 14 or so years ago. I was in a hot sauce store in Raleigh and i got dared to do a spoonful of Pain is Good batch #37 garlic sauce and so, being a dumbass with a chip on my shoulder, i did it. Tell you what, that really f**king HURT back then. Twice. Of course, nowadays i can drink the stuff.

Back