Blazing Maple Hot Sauce

Hi, me and my friend have created an awesome maple flavored hot sauce perfect for eggs as well as any food that could use some spice. Our sauce consists of a red serrano and habanero base which is flavored with garlic, onion, ginger, and of course real New Hampshire maple syrup!  Our project is currently on Kickstarter and we would appreciate your support. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2092287325/blazing-maple-hot-sauce

Thank you for the help and enjoy your sauce! 
3b66aa889fffa4ee8a6de4a521fd8ba1_original.JPG

This is Promotion and a welcome so please respect the OP's promo, and please keep this warm welcomes, thank you!

He posted less than 24 hours ago give him a chance to engage.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I thought there already was a Hot Maple. They did a Kickstarter too. Am I having dejavu?
Well, there is... and that's me (but I didn't kickstart).

First, hello / thanks from everyone that sent me emails concerned that my brand may be getting poached a bit.  The name Hotmaple / Hot Maple  vs Blazing maple is indeed a bit, confusing. So much so that I've received quite a few emails from concerned customers - and I figure this may be a good forum to address a new company starting with a similar name. Hence my creation of an account here to discuss this a bit with everyone in the community.

First off - Hotmaple is protected name already: https://trademarks.justia.com/862/38/hotmaple-86238435.html as is/are all variants as described. As for the judgement call on similarity -  It ultimately will be up to the US patent office to determine if "Blazing Maple" is an infringement on grammatical likeness. That is not for me to decide, I filed my paperwork and paid the fees... and ultimately the USPTO will make a call if/when Blazing Maple applies for trademark - if they desire.

On similarities in Product - In general, all hot sauces are similar. I don't know if I was one of the first to use maple syrup as an ingredient, but as we all know - only a process can be protected  - not a recipe. I have faith in the hard food science and engineering behind my product being such that it is not easily replicated, even with the same ingredients.

There is a lot of room in the market -  I'm not here to stop anyone from following their dreams and making a product. Seeing that these guys are in New Hampshire, a land of Maple goodness... I am betting they legitimately created the concept without any thought that some guy on the left coast (me) was out there.  Creativity is the true spice of life... and I think they are legit.  A lot of my fans are saying I should pursue some sort to legal action against them... and this is not something I wish to do.  I didn't start Hotmaple Foods to crush / kill / destroy the hopes and dreams of a younger generation.  We are all friends in hot sauce land... we support and help each other.  Lets give Blazing maple a chance.

My only wish - is that Blazing Maple continues to find their own voice in both marketing and presentation, as I know they will. Being on opposite ends of the US, both our companies will very likely end up with very different products / markets / customers.  If we ever both get big enough where we compete for space -- I am sure we'll find a way to work it out.

I applaud any new US made sauce coming to market, as it it only strengthens what we do best in America ---  INNOVATE.

Best Wishes

Matthew Hilla
Owner
Hotmaple Foods, LLC

Idiot Piquant said:
What is the best way to purchase HOTMAPLE, LLC products? 

I would like to purchase from You, good Sir, not the OP. 
Good question - so good in fact that I just made a promotional post describing the best way to do so here:  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53927-hotmaple-smokey-habanero-for-20-off/

Not only is it a piece of literary genius, the likes of which even Hemingway would appreciate... It also tells you how to get 20% off !!!

Back