• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Congo peppers vs Black habanero & Giant White habanero

I now have all Congo's thinks in part to wicked mike & Nigel carter .
I have the peach congo form pepperlover planted 16 seeds of them waiting on them to pop.
I am trying to figure out my next seed sowing while not over doing it (FYI My mom thinks I already have lol)
I have black hab,red Galapagos Hab PI 585278 and giant white hab
There some baccatums as well and sbj7
I been back and forth on things its all tentative at this point
Just looking for some help also have Cgn 21500, Venezuelan tiger
what's a guy to do lol

Plantguy76 said:
I now have all Congo's thinks in part to wicked mike & Nigel carter .
I have the peach congo form pepperlover planted 16 seeds of them waiting on them to pop.
I am trying to figure out my next seed sowing while not over doing it (FYI My mom thinks I already have lol)
I have black hab,red Galapagos Hab PI 585278 and giant white hab
There some baccatums as well and sbj7
I been back and forth on things its all tentative at this point
Just looking for some help also have Cgn 21500, Venezuelan tiger
what's a guy to do lol
Plant them all.

grew the brown congo last year, which could be the same as the black, did not produce well for me, hope yours do well.  

Growing some Peach Congos this year, and overwintering a Brown Congo. Going to compare the Brown Congo with my Chocolate Hab that's growing. As far as what's observable, I guess the Choc Habs don't get quite as big maybe? The Peach Congo shown on the Pepperlover site looks pretty delicious.

I hope mine germinate and grow big and produce lots of pods .
I understand there not real floral.
I grew the burning bush habanero last your did not float my boat .
To me it was not slightly sweet just fruity & floral more on the floral side with decent heat.
So I used some in salsa it did produce a lot of pods just wasn't that great to me and it had a bad after taste

Plantguy, Sorry to veer off topic, but is that a Bahamian Goat in your profile pic? I've never had them, but am growing a few this year. Looks like pics I've seen of others. I was pretty much sold after seeing Nigel Carter's review on one.

Peter S said:
Plantguy, Sorry to veer off topic, but is that a Bahamian Goat in your profile pic? I've never had them, but am growing a few this year. Looks like pics I've seen of others. I was pretty much sold after seeing Nigel Carter's review on one.
Yes it is this is my first year growing them and they have been champs I got my seeds form buckeye pepper company .
I had great germination rates and thin them down to six strong plants they continue  be champs I am quite found of them :onfire:  :high:  :fireball:  :dance:  :flamethrower:  :fire: 
The pic that you see is form junglerain.com.au when I have pods of my own I will replace it with my own this pic serves as an inspiration ;)

Wow. I only had one Bahamian Goat germinate. Hope it survives, as I just potted it up, I have a few giant white habs but it's been a journey trying to keep them alive after all sorts of shenangans with aphids.

What the heck are congo peppers????????

THECHRISE said:
Wow. I only had one Bahamian Goat germinate. Hope it survives, as I just potted it up, I have a few giant white habs but it's been a journey trying to keep them alive after all sorts of shenangans with aphids.

What the heck are congo peppers????????
Congo peppers are large habanero types form Trinidad this is my first year growing them the Peach
Congo is a pepperlover creation .
I have lost one to helmet head but over all the new seedling's are doing fine and are slowly coming up.
The peach congo is not supposed to be very floral .
I have had my share of mistakes the most recent my transplant blunder it all a learning process & there is always something new to learn.
I kick my spring off with taking care of spider mites ( I hope ) & fighting some kind of black ants.
I hope I kill these ant buggers with the traps I put out and the rest stay outside

Back