• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any growers in KS?

Oh, haha, thanks, that is very old. I never updated it. I opened it, uploaded a few pics and never went back.

I'm from Kansas. I used to have quite the python collection also. At one time I worked for one of the most world renowned snake breeders .

I've had good luck starting them indoors 3 months prior to going outside.My problem is that they start to take on size and I get anxious to put the outside. Last year I lost about 300 pepper plants, because I put them out just a little early and the last cold spell got them.Another 3 weeks and mine will be outside.

I agree with John. Start indoors, overwinter, and hope for steady rain
Gotta tell all-my germination tank is hitting stride and will be direct seeding outside by the 18th of next month

Sorry! late to the party as usual. Wichita here! The weather this year is making me look late. I remember some years not being able to set out until June let alone April. Soooo. I gradually have started my seedlings progressively later to avoid root bound stunted plants. Now this year comes along and I'm just now transplanting up into my P86D pots. It was fun for the first couple of hours. Not so much now. LOL.

This years crop:
  • Jay's Peach Scorpion
  • Peach bhut
  • 7 Pod Brain yellow
  • CP115 (Chocolate select strain) - Trinidad Douglah x T. scorpion Butch T
  • Caramel Moruga
  • 7 Pod burgandy
  • 7 Pod bubblegum
  • Carolina Reaper
  • Chocolate moruga

I know what you mean Chief. The weather is really nice up in the Northern part of the state. I transplanted some peppers into raised beds today and put the hoops over them. I am ready to get my gardening on.

I don't see another freeze coming. Yesterday started acclimating plants to the outdoors. I have a boat load of fool ya jalapeño that just gonna get direct seeded(along with Carolina cayenne and ace 55 tomatoes). If any of you all want one of those three I have plenty. I live at the Economy Inn (grounds keeper) here in Wichita (31st and south Broadway). Come on by I'm more than happy to share.

Nice to see some fellow Kansans! JOCO area.  There is not really any hot pepper stores in Kansas City.  Something with selection and exotics. Is there anything in Wichita for hot peppers?

Back