• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

ID please - Two chilli fruits

Hi, got a couple chillis from my parents yard, they don't know anything about what they are. The purple/black plum looking ones came from a really nice looking dark nearly black plant, it was slim and tall as opposed to bushy plants I am use to seeing.

The orange one came from a normal looking plant and guessing it is a pretty common pepper of sorts, but was hoping for a species/cultivar ID.

Thanks in advance :)

Photo_29_03_2015_2_23_50_pm.jpg

I am trying to link it from my dropbox, I couldn't find out how to upload directly to the forum or my media spot?

EDIT: just uploaded them to an image site. Dropbox has all changed and I can't seem to link directly to the image location :/

Yea they do like a good chilli.

I gave them one of my trinidad scorpion plants, about a foot tall and just about to flower so they have some hot ones on the way.

Might give the hab a go and see how hot it really is then, unless there is a backyard way to measure scoville.

Orange habs aren't really hot at all. I usually cut up a few on my pizza. Barely detect the heat, just get a warmth and that pungent taste. I doubt the black pearls taste very good. Don't look like they would. My dad has some Royal blacks in his garden. Beautiful plants but nasty bitter pods. 

ronaldo_fanbelt said:
That isn't funny at all. It's looking like 2 greenhouses and a few more raised beds for me this year. Instead of putting my pool up, I'm growing peppers in my yard. Does this make sense to anybody else?
its overrated !  i had a in ground , kids wouldn't vacuum it , help open or close , net it etc. took care of that damn thing for 20 years ! only my pops would come out to help me . now kids are grown and out of the nest i backfilled it 2 years ago . lot of work for 2 months of enjoyment . and when i thought to use it grass needed cut other chores by then it was full of kids ! GOOD RIDDENS !     :onfire:
moruga welder said:
its overrated !  i had a in ground , kids wouldn't vacuum it , help open or close , net it etc. took care of that damn thing for 20 years ! only my pops would come out to help me . now kids are grown and out of the nest i backfilled it 2 years ago . lot of work for 2 months of enjoyment . and when i thought to use it grass needed cut other chores by then it was full of kids ! GOOD RIDDENS !     :onfire:
peppers any day !     :onfire:

Back