• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2015 Plant out date

Might be getting ahead of myself, but hoping for within the next 7 days or so....
but I only have 3 of the 11 varieties popped after almost a month....

Central Kentucky - May 15th is last real threat of frost, so big time around then.  April 1st for under cover.  Really wish I had more tunnels so I could get everything out early, but damn those things can put a dent in your budget.

May 1st through May 10th depending on what the weather is looking like.  April 25th is the average date of the last frost in my region of Kentucky according to the farmer's almanac.

Mid May is what I'm shooting for but I'm really considering some type of mini hoop house or tunnels to get them outside sooner rather than later.

We've been experiencing a nice heat wave here in southern California. I have already put my plants out for the year back in February :)  Temps are nice anyways, but the heat wave really started the vigorous growth early. This year the night temps have been higher than normal (currently around 65deg at coldest). Otherwise, I have to wait until mid-end of March.

Our winters don't usually last (if they come at all). Pretty much the only really good thing about So Cal - the weather (and girls -- [I'm] married, just pointing out the facts)!

germinate in October-December and plant out [usually] mid March.

Back