• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Who's our resident Thai Dragon expert?

I am trying to find out what the real Thai Dragon pepper looks like but when I search for them on Google I see three or four different looking peppers. Are they short and shaped somewhat like a Chili De Arbol or are the skinny and longer like a Cayenne? Any help would be appreciated.

I am not expert but mine always look like these...

10479913_854027057964355_4680469156269095851_o.jpg

Growing them for years----but who knows what the seed vendor I got them from actually sent?

But when short, they look like Thai Dragon, when long pods, Thai Hazelwood. When long, mine tend to curl a bit. May be how I grow them.

My original Thai Dragons came from a pack of seeds from Wally Mart. i think they were Burpees brand but could be wrong. They look just like the picture in Joyners poster. They grow pointing up and the bushes although can get a couple feet around never get much taller than a foot. Been growing and re-growing for 4 years now and nothing has changed.
My observation of a few plants over a couple years :neutral:

Dulac said:

Do you think they're already stable? I had some plants that grew funny in the F3 generation, so I'm going back to that F2 there.
I don't think many are stable, I have at least a dozen types that are F1 Hybrid but have a huge surplus of seed. The ones I am growing this year are F3, I'll post pictures...F2 was as expected. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I don't think many are stable, I have at least a dozen types that are F1 Hybrid but have a huge surplus of seed. The ones I am growing this year are F3, I'll post pictures...F2 was as expected. 

I'll post my F3s as well. Last year they were not fully erect like the F1 and F2. It says hot hybrid and not F1, so I wonder. Perhaps it's a c. frute and c. annuum hybrid? I didn't realize the package said c. frute on it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I bought 10 seeds off eBay that are "Thai Dragon Heirloom, non-GMO seeds" and I am hoping they are the real deal.
I also purchased a pack of seeds from Amazon.com to compare.

Which Thai peppers are the hottest? The Thai Super Hot?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I do not know which one is the hottest, my wife and I tried all 20 types we grow and hard to tell honestly. We grow them from a 1 - 4.5 on heat level. I think they would really need to be tested to truly know, most are lip and tongue only burns. 
I thought the seeds I have grown in the past that a neighbor gave me were Thai chilis but I believe after doing some research that they are Chili De Arbol.
They are friggin' hot I think!

Back