smokers A Boy and His Smokers

Suns out guns out!  Beautiful blue skies but a little windy today.  Getting one of the two vertical smokers I picked up seasoned today.  Running about 10 lb of Kingsford Competition Briquettes through the rig for a few hours at 250.  Before that I sprayed out the inside of the cooking box and the racks with water.  Wiped em down real good and then lubed her up.  Sprayed all the racks and inside the cooking box with spray vegetable oil.  Had about a gallon of water in the water pan.  Fired up a full chimney and then dumped on top of the rest of the coals that I added to the firebox.  Its taking awhile to get to 250 but that 350 lb hunk of steel was sitting in a COLD garage last night.  After I get 1 hr at 250 I am gonna open her up and give it another coat of spray.  So far very pleased with the fit and finish.  Peep my carpentry skills.  My driveway has a steady slope.  I used some of the scrap wood from the shipping container to level the playing field!

a_zpsyubvogv7.jpg

b_zpsgrpiuaue.jpg

c_zpsxp5zxqsa.jpg

d_zpsw6of630f.jpg

e_zpsi0cz4xrh.jpg

f_zpska3gqzaj.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Looks like a fun day. I can't wait to see some meat on it.

edit: How much air can you catch on that sweet ramp?

Thank the lord I have a full suspension mountain bike.  :)

sirex said:
Didn't you say in the other thread that you bought two smokers?

Where's the other one? Waiting to season it up?

Look in the background.  Green and black.  That one has a scratch in the door.  They are sending me a shipping slip to have it repainted.  Will season that one up when the door is back.

LUCKYDOG said:
Is there another air vent somewhere? the only one I see is for the stack in the 3rd pic? I don tknow if thats the inny or the outy

Peep the gold ball valve on the right side of the unit.  Air goes in, through the firebox and then up and out the stack.  I just unboxed the DigiQ and fan.  I am trying to get that sorted before the brisket goes on tonight.

Back