• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Medium Size Aquaponics Setup - Photos

I thought someone might be interested in seeing one of my friend's aquaponics setup, so I took some photos to share.

DSCN0166_zpsbe1hizs2.jpg

These are the fish tanks. One tank has catfish and the other is full of Koi. The drums on the left side of the photo are the filters and media tanks. The water overflows from the fish tanks into the filters and media tanks, from there it flows to the grow beds and then back to the white sump tank in the center of this photo. The pump between the fish tanks then pumps the water back into the fish tanks.

4c52ac33-bb62-4ecc-870d-6056367823b9_zpsh2rxkpmu.jpg

This is one of the grow beds...

queequeg152 said:
love the shade structure.

any details about its construction?

The framework is made from chainlink fence "top rail" and connected together with a custom welded plate system... The shade cloth is connected to the framework with zipties... On some shade houses we used to fold the shadecloth around the pipe or cable system and stitch it together with nails...
If you want, I could try to get more detailed photos...
The actual tank enclosure is made from aluminum extrusion and a large sliding door from a greenhouse supplier... The extrusion and solid roof area came from an aluminum screen room supplier...

I was talking to Student of Spice this last weekend, and suggested that he get one of the portable carports and cover it with shade cloth...

Something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/UST-10-ft-x-20-ft-Tarp-Canopy-CANO1020/202223567

There are also companies and sometimes vendors at flea markets that sell the connectors for the above carport structures... So you could build one any size you wanted...

Also, if anyone is near Central Florida, Sicman gave me some shade cloth last week and there is more than I will probably use, so let me know and come get yourself some of it... Just PM me if you are interested...

Back