• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

I have no idea what these are, HELP !!!

I have about 12 of these plants that sprouted but I have no idea what they are. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• id1.JPG
    id1.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 85
  • id2.JPG
    id2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 79
  • id3.JPG
    id3.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 81
I don't think they're peppers. Maybe some kind of flower bulbs? They look like they were planted there and aren't just random seeds blown in by the wind. But if you didn't plant anything there, I guess it could be....

I say let them grow and see what happens. If you had peppers planted there before, they could have dropped pods/seeds and nature took its course

Phil said:
I don't think they're peppers. Maybe some kind of flower bulbs? They look like they were planted there and aren't just random seeds blown in by the wind. But if you didn't plant anything there, I guess it could be....

I say let them grow and see what happens. If you had peppers planted there before, they could have dropped pods/seeds and nature took its course
I planted them but it was a while ago and I forgot to mark them and I have no idea. I thought they were peppers but I guess not.

Ohhhhh... well, that changes things. They seem to be growing very differently than peppers, but I could be very wrong. If you planted them, let them go. You won't know what they are until they fruit.

I'd almost guess they're "4-o'clock" seedlings (latin name: Mirabilis jalapa), but i haven't grown those in 15 years or so... do you see any castoff seed hulls or fragments to suggest a seed size of 1/4" and a black leathery seed coat?

The whole seed is shaped like a football, with a calyx-like bump at one end. If that's what it is, it's very fragrant at about sunset in a Western exposure, somewhat earlier on the East side of a building. Very nice, but a then-neighbor got headaches from the fragrance.

alphajam said:
Im FAAAAAAR from an authority, but my baccatums looked like those when they were small. . .I have Aji habaneros and lemon drops.
From Haystack. I lived there from 1960-1999. Lived by Chabot College. Man how that town has changed over the years.
They just might be aji lemon as I remember putting some of those seeds out and nothing I have marked this year is aji.

I´d guess also eggplant. Matte leaves and if you look at the primary pair of leaves they look like belonging to Solanaceae family. 
When very small you may mix these with chilis easily.

SavinaRed said:
From Haystack. I lived there from 1960-1999. Lived by Chabot College. Man how that town has changed over the years.

They just might be aji lemon as I remember putting some of those seeds out and nothing I have marked this year is aji.
Found the needle! I'm 8-10 blocks from Chabot. Other side of 92/Jackson Street.

I have 2 types of eggplant. Both have gone the route of wider and not as tall as the seedlings ion the pictures. I cant wait for follow up pics so we know what those things are!

Back